Customize

Would you defend Anonymous?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by we are one, Feb 24, 2008.

1. we are one Member

Would you defend Anonymous?

calling out to all you legal types.

this point has been raised before but never really addressed. If it came to it would one Anonymous defend another in a court of law?

i'm really speaking to the lawyers and law students, i don't want to know what qualifications you have just want to know if it came to it, would you defend your bretheren against the $cifags?

(if this has been raised in another place just bump it)
  2. Beed9 Member

Re: Would you defend Anonymous?

If it wasn't too far to travel, I would be there.
    I contacted a few lawyers in the US, not that it would be any good tho.
  3. lmafo Member

Why you think that anyone will need do defend himself in court?
  4. WMAnon Member

If someone gets pinned for being involved in the DDoS attacks, I have no delusions that the CoS won't rape them for every penny in the bank. Any Anon who is identified and targeted by OSA is likely to face the CoS in court sooner or later, even if they've kept their nose squeaky clean. "The purpose of a law suit is not to win, but to harass" remember?
  5. anon13 Member

If it's somebody I know personally, I'd show up in court and forget being anonymous. If I didn't know them personally, I'd defend them in any way except to give up my anonymity. I'd write to newspapers and help defend them online however possible. Sort of like how we are already operating now with the Sci propoganda.
  6. Anno Nymous Member

Seriously, no one is going to be pinned for DDos attacks. They can't separate legitim traffic from the attacks, and Anons used SEVEN proxies. And if they go to court, they are going to get the attention they don't want. If it were me, I would get as many media present and use every single chanche to talk about Lisa, Brainwashing, money making scams, etc.
  7. Re: Would you defend Anonymous?

*deleted*
  8. FrenchAnon Member

I doubt they'll find anyone connected to those DDoS attacks.

I'm a lot more concerned about them suing individual anons they uncover, or going after WBM and the other known ex-sci because they're dumb enough to think we have leaders.
  9. lmafo Member

Not this time, they know that if they try something like that, it will produce 10K new Anons
  10. Legione Member

How are you going to sue a loose collaboration of tens of thousands of people worldwide?
  11. mudkipstoat23 Member

Yeah, what's the opposite of a class action?
  12. saerat Member

I would defend a fellow anon to an extent... in a court of law and in a defence type situation... but at the end of the day each anon is responcible for his or her actions.
  13. WMAnon Member

You don't, you sue the individuals who fail to protect their identities at the protests. You get them investigated for anything and everything you can manage, justified or not, and try to scare the rest of Anonymous into submission by making an example of a few individuals. Whether this tactic will be effective or not, it's a real risk that every Anon runs, and some of us do not have the money to hire competent legal representation without help.
  14. Skeptic1337 Member

Here's the deal, you didn't sign up for boyscout troop 69. You need to get off the paranoid train a little and either make sure if you are worried about it you wear a mask or what ever to hide your public identity or not go. Would I help you get legal help if you decided to do something illigal? Nope you are on your own in my book if you are either stupid enough to get caught or just plain stupid to have done it in the first place.

Here I'll make it simple, don't do stupid shit but do have lots of lulz.