Customize

Writers of the Future - Research Question

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by deirdre, Apr 22, 2014.

1. deirdre Member

I'm following up on some research nits on a piece I'm working on.

The WotF wiki page links to the WotF marque page.

If I'm reading this right, WotF was xferred from the CST to the L. Ron Hubbard Library (LRHL) in 1997, which isn't what the Wiki page says.

The LRHL was a California corporation, but kepler.sos.ca.gov doesn't show any corporation or LLC with any name even vaguely related to that, nor is there a DBA filed with Los Angeles county (which is what it would be per the USPTO filing).

Did I miss something? Or are the marques owned by the non-existent LRHL hanging in the breeze? Including, fwiw, Mission Earth.

Thanks.
  2. DeathHamster Member

Hmm. There should be a DBA registration in Los Angeles County.

There's a copy of one in the Veritas stuff. (Interesting digging for its day, but alas, followed to moonbat conclusions.)
    http://rundbrief.org/kd0044/archiv/sc-i-r-s-ology/veritas/cst/cstdba.htm

The LRH Library has always been kept pretty nebulous. Possibly this allows them to shift the ownership of the DBA on the fly or be vague about where license and royalty payments go.

Those registrations do seem to have a short life. Maybe the person in charge of it was in the Hole?
  3. Ogsonofgroo Member

Hm, wasn't there something a while back about DM controlling royalties through RTC as a way of siphoning off loot? It might have been something Larry(Denise)Brennan mentioned in one of her articles on the corporate CoS tax/shell game, not sure, one might get some answers by PM'ing her (Justme @ ESMB) or hunt down the Brennan affidavit.
    Just an (too) early morming thought du-jour.
    Good luck trying to untangle that mess :)
  4. RightOn Member

I have her book Og, but I can't plow through it