Customize

Writers of the Future - Scilon front

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by xenufag, Feb 20, 2008.

1. xenufag Member

2. eclipsael Member

Re: Writers of the Future - scifag front

Ugh, check out the anthology's glowing endorsements:
  3. xenufag Member

mebbe we could all copypasta the Xenu story (which is fiction n e way) and submit that as a competition entry...
  4. eclipsael Member

:xenu:

The award ceremonies look like something straight out of the CoS's events; giant Hubbard portrait and everything.
  5. Re: Writers of the Future - scifag front

It was mentioned before about writing for that competition (really bad slash fiction or something) and donating any that may (unlikely, but hey, it's the thought that counts) prize monies to WMB. Though they say it's not connected to CoS, they heap a shitload of praise on ol' Hubby and it does look mighty suspecious when you think about Narcanon and everything else they've done..

I was actually tempted to write a story for it and make it a really thinly veiled jab at CoS ("In the grim darkness of the far future, the CoS won."), but giving up personal info for a Sci-front sounds less than tempting and is more than a little unwise, so despite the potential lulz, I probably won't.

I have a friend who took part of the contest and said they (the contest staff) wasn't allowed to talk about CoS. But then she's gone on some sort of 'writer resort'.. I'm actually abit worried now. :(
  6. Juan Mala Member

Do they check to see if the personal info given is real? If not, then people could just use aliases and fake addresses. I say flood 'em with so much crap the people handling the event blow.
  7. xenufag Member

Thing is, WotF is a PR front for Hubfag to make him and his cult seem legit. It may all seem cool and pro-art and innocent, but aktually, like the Cult of Scifagology, its a cyanide krispy kreme which looks nice on teh outside but is hydrogenated death on teh inside.

Reports are that they don't push Scifagology to the writers and artists, but its a soft sell. They do push Hubfag as a writer, which is weird coz he was crappy at best. I wouldn't worry 2 much cept that these peeps may come away with the impression that the cult or Hubfag are "all right." :lrhmoney:

BTW, Hubfag was a major plagiarist hisself. So even if mass copypasta submissions won't work - there is still room for lulz. :guyfawkes:
  8. Juan Mala Member

So.... do we have permission to give these people epic literary overload?
  9. eclipsael Member

I'm not too sure on the legality of a more or less paper-based DDoS.
  10. TakeAnonMe Member

Re: Writers of the Future - Scilon front

If you submit writing to which you hold the copyright, you have not broken any laws.

Don't talk about flooding anyone with anything, thanks.
  11. Juan Mala Member

Oh well. How about we get one or two really good artists to make something for their art contest, then? It would probably be easier to hide something pro-Anon in a drawing than a book.
  12. sudopod Member

Orson Scott Card is a hyper-Mormon uberpatriot. He's also a pretty good scifi writer. (lol at that combination!)

We should let him know what a disgusting mass of fail and aids he accidentally endorsed.
  13. saerat Member

14. Lrononymous Member

This is off topic and I'll be adding this info elsewhere but while we are talking about scilons fronts, The National Foundation for Women Legislators is a big one aimed at, among other groups, high school and college students through their scholarship program. In order to "Win" you have to be sponsored by a lawmaker and that lawmaker has to attend to award ceremony with you-for a week I think. This is how they are trying to infiltrate and indoctrinate even more. Here are a few links. From lermanet : http://www.lermanet2.com/nfwl.htm
    and http://www.lermanet.com/scientology-in- ... t/nfwl.htm.

Note that the official website for the "Foundation" is probably an unsafe site so ya know, usual privacy protections when going to this hostile site.
  15. Re: Writers of the Future - Scilon front

My webpage on this:
    http://www.daisy.freeserve.co.uk/pern.htm

which with the links explains one reason I despise the happy fun cult.

If anyone wants to have a serious crack at WotF do let me know, I have some connections that might be useful.

The contest is legitimate. It is part of the cult. The cult doesn't actually like being connected with SF, but Hubbard's instructions about the Awards were specific and are well known - DM can't scrap it. They make the best they can of it and hope it will keep old time fans from telling what they know about Ron.

No, writers and fans don't need warning about Scientology. Some just prefer to hold their noses and take the money, as mundanes do.
  16. waianon Member

If those quotes are true (and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they weren't, the Neil Gaiman quote makes me suspicious given what we've heard about him) I have to say I'm disappointed in Card. I love his books, and I hope he at least isn't endorsing this knowing its connections.

I was actually just firing up his web site to see if I could send him a message asking about it.
  17. Green Member

Almost makes me want to give up on writing science fiction. But hey... maybe I can start my own religion someday?
  18. Re: Writers of the Future - Scilon front

I believe we should write great science fiction that alludes to this battle between Scilons and Anon.
  19. TakeAnonMe Member

Please consider cooperating with this thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4039

For the greater good
  20. MadHatter2501 Member

File your application with the IRS today, be sure to enclose your undisclosed location in the Mediterranean and 12.3e+9USD (this is important! the USD may be only worth 1/2 a euro but the US doesn't accept eurofag currency).
  21. Mikomi Member

I just came from the other thread and theres alot of talk about flooding, mainly the flooding of things with man fat.
  22. Re: Writers of the Future - Scilon front

I'm going to submit a synthesis of OT III, VIII and if its any good IX.
  23. mudkipstoat23 Member

Does winning this imply any kind of $ci-related connection?

I was Googling this yesterday and found that David Zindell had won one. Now, when I read his "Neverness/Requiem For Homo Sapiens" books, which I absolutely adored, I didn't know much about $cientology, but I always figured that, given the way he manages to crowbar pretty much every belief system in there, the Universal Cybernetic Churches were a piss-take of the Co$.

I dunno... his philosophy doesn't seem to match with the Co$, but I'd really hate for one of my favourite SF writers to turn out to be a $cilon. Apart from anything else, it'd be horribly unfair- DZ is a WAY better writer than LRH could ever have dreamed of being...