Customize

XeroBank will start offering free anonymous VPN accounts for anti-censorship

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by SteveTX, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveTX Member

XeroBank will start offering free anonymous VPN accounts for anti-censorship

XeroBank provides the strongest anonymity network in the world, at high speeds. Normally an account costs $35/month, but starting soon you will get access for free. XeroBank will shortly be providing a new type of account for free anonymous blogging, as well as a new opensource browser that is immune to viruses, malware, and spyware.

More information will be released at the XeroBank forum shortly.

MOD EDIT:
    W W P STAFF IS NOT SURE WHETHER THIS IS A LEGITIMATE OFFER OR NOT. PLEASE RESEARCH XEROBANK FOR YOURSELF AND PROCEED WITH CAUTION WHEN DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.
  2. Anoniemert Member

Re: XeroBank will start offering free anonymous VPN accounts for anti-censorship

oh, hi shill.

Still, if it's really free, feel free to shill :p

Is kinda laughable bullshit though.
  3. 4Dlulz Member

Re: XeroBank will start offering free anonymous VPN accounts for anti-censorship

I smell win...that or cookies
  4. YAHRLY Member

free you say?
  5. happy feet Member

So this is a crippled browser only good for blogging?

Tell me more details or when this is to be announced, otherwise this is just spam.
  6. Zak McKracken Member

Its not new.
    Supposedly they were "unveiling" this "free service" for the downtrodden Persian [strike]freedom fighters[/strike] terrorists.

Did that ever happen?

[STRIKE]Spam or[/STRIKE] product hype, imo.
    Unless you release early and often, plz.
  7. da5id Administrator

Not spam. This is a spinoff/evolution of the Torrify project, which (if I follow correctly) is a spinoff of the Torpark project by hacktivismo (part of the cDc umbrella).

I've emailed the OP to get some more info, but it seems like this could be a cool option to have out there and a neat resource for Anon. Regardless of the outcome, it's always appreciated when someone thinks of us and wants to help :)
  8. Anonynamefag Member

/r/ moar info
  9. Anonymous Member

/r/ sauce
  10. Anonymous Member

He has a linux conference in two weeks.. I suspect the "Announcement" will not be until then. Not sure why he didn't wait until he has something to announce first?/ Just probing interest from WWP?
  11. Anonymous Member

Gauging interest + determining what Anon specific needs might be to ensure that the two would be a good fit.. plus the bonus of possibly finding points where the software might be currently lacking and could be improved.
  12. 4Dlulz Member

also, makes sense to offer it to groups like us, we are one of the largest and our /b/rothers are the web-raepists, its in their best interest to give us a sneak peek to ensure there is no faggotry on their part by mistake.
  13. SteveTX Member

Greetings.

For those of you who smell scam, I entreat you to enjoy some of our past releases:

2007: xB Machine, anonymous virtualized operating system. Immune to viruses, spyware, etc. System of least privs, double firewalled against the adapter, connects to XeroBank or Tor. Runs at kernel speed. Bootable ISO on any x86 architecture or runnable as LiveCD. Deprecated for new virtual browser design. | Download

2006: xB Browser, most popular anonymous browser in the world. You may already know of it. Written by me.

This year we are releasing a new browser based on Google Chromium. This particular system runs on VMWare, virtualbox, qemu, and other standard virtualization players. It runs inside a VM but exports the display of the window to the native OS. Runs natively on Linux and Mac, uses Xming for windows.

Currently in beta, not ready for public consumption as we will need to redo some of the designs. Will be released as full GPL. Go to XeroBank forum and sign up for beta tester list to get full access.
  14. SteveTX Member

xbvmpre1.png
    86902799.jpg
    21400079.jpg
  15. Scythe Member

nice. thanks for sharing
  16. SteveTX Member

I would like to start a dialog regarding a threat model for Anonymous, so we can figure out which of our anonymity network implementations would be best suited for us. The first solution is the highest-speed: using single nodes that are crowded on the same nodes as our multiplexed multi-hop cascades. This gives you all the speed of a single proxy machine, but with the crowding effect and plausible deniability of multiplexed cascade traffic exiting the same node. The second, and more anonymous method would be to automatically assign all these free accounts to the Any-Any cascades so your traffic is randomly distributed around the network, and you get multi-hop and multiplexing of your traffic.

The first solution is strong enough to defeat passive domestic surveillance. This include the Warrantless Wiretapping dragnet program, or some hacker or junk spyware. The second solution is strong enough to defeat active domestic surveillance, such as that which may be conducted by a domestic ISP or organization specifically trying to track an individual and trace their connection, but this does not include global spying by superpower agencies/govs such as NSA/DIA/BKE/GBA etc (but if they are after you there is no hiding, you've got bigger problems!).
  17. Anonymous Member

I was banned on 4chan for psoting " Moot is a faggot" will this get me back on passed my IP ban?
  18. SteveTX Member

Yes, under a few conditions.
    1) We would have to whitelist 4chan for connectivity. Since these accounts are for blogging, they will only be able to reach blog/news/forum domains. Domains like ebay.com and paypal.com will not be reachable, naturally.
    2) You not log into your old account, as this would set a new ban for that IP address as well.
  19. JohnnyRUClear Member

This smells good to me. Having been mostly denerdified over the past few years (from a former life as a techhead), I'll let you guys sort it out and then leech some bennies from it once it's good to go. It is definitely relevant to my interests....
  20. Anonymous Member

TROLLED!!!!!

newfag
  21. SteveTX Member

22. Zak McKracken Member

gotcha.

* commercial service (free for now, cuz they're nice)
    * proprietary browser
    * centrally managed whitelist

anything else we should know?

a ling to their proposed EULA or TOS would be nice.

centers for Disease control lessthanthree...
  23. SteveTX Member

not proprietary. all is gpl, free to use anywhere :)

centrally managed whitelist: We will be sending out a fleet of bots to gather domains, and provide a submission page for requesting additional domains to be added to the whitelist.

EULA: GPL
    TOS: here
    Privacy Policy: here
    LEO: here
    Country of Jurisdiction: Republic of Panama
  24. Anonymous Member

source: XeroBank Browser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Care to elaborate?
  25. happy feet Member

From the source code which is a link under the download button on the XeroBank d/l page. (Also license.txt is GPLv3)

change.log
    Even though wikipedia hasn't been updated, and the Xerobank website do not have the GPL EULA, the software was released under GPL on April 18, 2009.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.