Customize

Yearly Update on New Village Leadership Academy

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by churchlady, Dec 7, 2012.

1. churchlady Member

As we may recall, when this school started in 2008 I think it was, Will and Jada Smith put up the money, hired a real-live professional administrator, and started a little school. They were very open about using LRH's Study Tech, even describing it on their website.

I had the honor of briefly attending a protest there, and after I left, Will Smith's people (OSA?) and Anon had a good conversation.

At the time I predicted they wouldn't last too long. I didn't take into consideration the deep pockets of the Smiths. Here is an article from early 2011:

Will and Jada Smith Shill for Scientology
    One of the most disappointing celebrity affiliations with Scientology in recent years is Will Smith's involvement -- which is, to this point, still somewhat mysterious.
    What is known with some certainty is that Smith has been a big funder of a school in Calabasas, California that makes use of Scientology educational concepts, known as "study tech." Roger Friedman reported in April that Smith's donations had totaled $1.2 million to the New Village Leadership Academy in 2010, about enough to cover the salaries at the school.
    Earlier, Will and Jada had fired the school's principal, Jacqueline Olivier, because she resisted using the L. Ron Hubbard "study tech" in the curriculum, Radar reported in 2009. Olivier was replaced with a Scientologist, Franca Campopiano, also known as Piano Foster. (See Carnegie Mellon professor David Touretzky's pages explaining how "study tech" is used as a recruitment tool for Scientology itself.)
    And now, the gossip site ohnotheydidnt has posted several photos from a fundraising event for the Academy that was held recently.
    In what is becoming a common theme this week, a local politician showed up to endorse Scientology...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. churchlady Member

As of today, Franco Campopiano is still the principal. They have somewhere between 40 and 60 students. They have grades preschool- 6th, 7th, or 8th, depending on the source.

So my prediction that they would fail was not accurate, but they are not infiltrating the community and spreading their LRH ideas like we briefly feared when the school opened.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. rickybobby Member

But that's 40 to 60 too damn many.

I think every politician who shills for scientology fronts needs to get an info pack.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. failboat Member

http://www.celebuzz.com/2013-02-26/the-reason-its-really-nice-to-have-will-smith-as-a-friend/
    The Reason It’s Really Nice To Have Will Smith As A Friend

The Hollywood heavyweight dropped 12K to support his pals Charlize Theron and Cesar Millan.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Anonymous Member

^^The Smooths stopped donating to the clamcult school? Someone realizing they were more trouble than it was worth?^^
  6. wolfbane Member

There was a lawsuit filed by the non-scilon principal they fired and replaced with a scilon principal, the details of which never fully came out after it was settled. So it's understandable they didn't sink charitable contributions into it at the time period reported due to wanting to keep it out the spotlight of media scrutiny.

But what I find interesting is there was NO Scientology-related donations whatsoever and the nature of the other organizations they did donate to. If that persists, there might be hope that the Smiths are amongst the ranks of the cowardly chickenshit celebs who quietly fade away from Scientology pandering without speaking out against it. (Not holding my breath though.)
    • Like Like x 4
  7. RightOn Member

Will Smoth ever live this interview down?
    And has he gotten out of the Sci mindfuck?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. This horrific institution has CLOSED! The star founders should be ashamed of the lies propagated by the unethical staff. Sadly, I don't think they are as the so - called 'founders' are guilty of the same hypocrisy as the lying administrators they hired. Gone is Ms. Foster (hooray!) the promoter of secret surveillance and teacher bullying. Gone is Ms. Carolyn (hooray!) the keeper of the covert - op recording pen used to collect information on teachers, parents and students. Gone is Ms Julie (hooray!) the do nothing for her huge salary while the teacher get paid nothing daughter of the now also gone Mr. Hendry (hooray!) the behind the scenes, highly paid, contract hire, director of Scientology Curriculum (WATCH OUT; THIS GUY IS STILL OUT THERE IN THE SCHOOL KID PUBLIC WORKING HIS XENU LIES INTO PROGRAMS SUCH AS ABC MOUSE). In a final insult to the duped parents who sent their kids to this sad excuse for a school, the administration failed to notify anyone of the closure until well after the deadline for admission into other schools. Great job guys. Wonder where all the fund raising money went? Rumor from other parents is legal investigation is ongoing.

9. amaX Member

CLOSED?!?!? THIS DESERVES A NEW THREAD!!!
    • Like Like x 7
  10. wolfbane Member

WIN! Thank you for bringing this news here Former Parent.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. amaX Member

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How about this one, wolfie? Thank you thank you thank you, Former Parent! So much win!

projchan66.png
    • Like Like x 6
  12. RightOn Member

Do eettt!!!
    Oh I am SO happy!
    I am sorry for all kids who were getting brainwashed. I wonder where these kids are going to? hopefully not another scilon school?
    • Like Like x 4
  13. RightOn Member

Investigate the poop out of these people!
    Where DID all the money go that was raised?
    Hope Gawker jumps on this and the rest. Paging Tony O and others!
    People who tweet, please do!
    • Like Like x 5
  14. RightOn Member

anyone check out their website? It is still up? I don't have time right now
  15. amaX Member

website is still up.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Incredulicide Member

Looking at their calendar of events, there's nothing listed for July 2013.
    In June there were two visible events, "Fathers day breakfast" and "Celebration of Leadership; last day of school", and one hidden event: 07-Jun-13 Harambee! @ 9:05 (whatever that is)
    Here's a snippet from the wayback machine archive of "The NVLA Educational Philosophy":
    There we have it, the bolded parts in order are Mass, Gradients, and M/Us.
  18. wolfbane Member

Can you tell us more about exactly how you were notified? (email, letter, phonecall?)

And if it was in writing, any chance you might be so kind as to make a copy of it - black out any personally identifying info - and then scan it and post it online so we have dox (evidence) to backup the claim so we can spread this news far and wide.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. From looking at their website, you would think that it's a school for black kids and teachers only.
    All the pictures are of black kids and teachers.
  20. RightOn Member

21. Anonymous Member

Waiting for dox before opening a new thread.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

Will Smith-Backed School That Used Scientology Materials Closes Its Doors « The Underground Bunker

Acting on a tip from a parent that was posted over at WhyWeProtest.net, we contacted a former teacher at New Village Leadership Academy to ask if the school in Calabasas, California has shut its doors permanently.

He said that it has, and forwarded us to a Facebook message that was posted on June 28 by Eva Sanchez, who worked at the school: “Today, I closed a beautiful beautiful book full of great people, wonderful memories & endless stories that I will never forget. Tough day!”

We have confirmed directly with a member of the school’s board of directors that the school has closed down.

Continued at http://tonyortega.org/2013/07/03/wi...-used-scientology-materials-closes-its-doors/
    • Like Like x 14
  24. amaX Member

snork laughing now.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. RightOn Member

LA LA LA LA LA LA happy dance!
    Suck on it Will Smoth
    • Like Like x 2
  26. RightOn Member

omg I just watched the vid. Holy crap!
    If there was any doubt that it was a Scientology school, their Einstein, Martin Luther King, Charlie Chaplin vid answers that question.
    No doubt what so ever.
    And Randy Newman is VERY particular about his songs. I don't think he would approve his song being used for that vid.
  27. McLOVIN_1982 Member

Likes post RO.... it's fun and you should dooo eeet!
  28. Anonymous Member

Here's hoping in this case, familiarity breeds contempt
    • Like Like x 1
  29. timbit Member

From ABCmouse's site:

Dave Hendry
    Overseeing the coordination of our curriculum advisors and consultants is Dave Hendry, two–time winner of the George Foster Peabody Award for educational documentary production and winner of The Educational Press Association’s highest award for curriculum design. Mr. Hendry has served as Principal Investigator in two national U.S. Department of Education Professional Development projects and has directed/coordinated curriculum development activities for four National Science Foundation projects.

http://www.abcmouse.com/schools

some google results:

1. Boston Herald - Scientology Unmasked - FASE - Lermanet.com
      www.lermanet.com/scientologynews/boston-herald-FASE-030598.htm Dave Hendry, FASE's director of teacher enhancement, worked from 1974-1990 in Oregon for Delphi Academies, a chain of Scientology schools (including a ...
    2. 09/09/09 - Will Smith's Scientology School - New Village ...
      whyweprotest.net › ... › Protest PlanningFlash Raids Sep 9, 2009 - 40 posts - 16 authors
      09/09/09 - Will Smith's Scientology School - New Village Leadership ... After about 2 blocks we stopped and an Anon called Dave Hendry, their ...
    3. Dave Hendry - The Truth About Scientology
      www.truthaboutscientology.com › ... › Individual Completions Dave Hendry, ROUTE TO INFINITY, Freewinds 1, 1989-12-01. Dave Hendry, DIANETICS & THE DIANETICS LECTURES AND DEMONSTRATIONS COURSE ...
    4. Scientology library: “David "Dave" Hendry
      www.xenu-directory.net/.../library.php?t=David+%22Dave%22+Hendry Scientology library: List of items matching “David "Dave" Hendry
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

Happy dance.
  31. Anonymous Member

No more yearly updates, heh heh
    • Like Like x 1
  32. vaLLarrr Member

• Like Like x 8
  33. Anonymous Member

Indeed. Most interesting.
  34. That building used to be the campus for Indian Hills High School - an "alternative" high school.

I wonder what they will use the campus for in the future.
  35. GTFO of our school system and take your FAIL with you, kthxbai.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

SOMEONE CALL THIS INSTITUTION, ASAP!
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

Will Smith Private Quasi-Scientology School is Shut Down | Showbiz411

By Roger Friedman

Excerpt:

Though the school may be closed, their website is still up. According to GuideStar.org, the non profit institution still has no Form 990 filed for 2012 But their 2011 filing shows that school chief Franca Campopiano, an avowed Scientologist, was making $200,000 a year. On website whyweprotest.com, an anonymous former parent wrote in: “This horrific institution has CLOSED! The star founders should be ashamed of the lies propagated by the unethical staff.”

Recently I reported that John Travolta had donated money to the school as a fellow Scientologist, from the charitable fund he started in his son Jett’s memory.

Because New Village still has not filed for 2012, it’s hard to say what their financial situation was. But in 2011, they claimed net assets of negative $284,931 and liabilities of $1,235,154.

The school ran from Kindergarten to 6th grade. If anyone has more info, please email me at roger@showbiz411.com. We’ll try and figure out where all the money went.

www.showbiz411.com/2013/07/05/will-smith-private-quasi-scientology-school-is-shut-down
    • Like Like x 5
  38. RightOn Member

where did the money go?
    LOOOOOOOVE IT!
  39. Anonymous Member

Comments are open.....
  40. I can assure you the school is closed. The 'spiral - up' logo and name are gone.
    In keeping with the fraud and hypocrisy that were hallmarks of NVLA, the founders - The Smiths - and the administration, Ms Piano Foster, Ms Carolyn Roberts, Mr. Dave Hendry, Ms Julie Griffin, among others, 'acted' their way through graduation and year end ceremony knowing full well that the school would not be open next year. Then, in an act of cowardice equal to their character, mailed notices of closure home that were delivered on, or about, 15 June.

I will post mine when cleared by my lawyer. But it is true.

Note please that not all of the families were Scientologists. Many, like mine, were duped into attending what we hope would be an uplifting educational institution. Many others were professional athletes, in the film and entertainment business. Other still on scholarship. The parents are gathering together now that the truth has been reveled. (and yes, we feel guilty and stupid). Legal action pending. However, the school benefited from well counseled (un)ethics. They, under the guide of Ms. Piano Foster (piano@nvlacademy.org) kept enrollment low enough to qualify as a 'home school' thereby staying under the radar of the state and accreditation institutions, all the while plying the community for funds to "increase enrollment". Hendry, the head of curriculum, was paid as a contract hire.
    http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/library.php?t=David "Dave" Hendry

He is now with ABC mouse, among other 'educational' companies. So he will continue to infect his horrific ideology via covert - op crap onto the youth. http://www.abcmouse.com/

More coming.