Customize

Yet to be translated non-english books

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

So far I count 20 that don't have an english translation, enough to warrant their own "activation category" in the chronological list

In CSS3 compliant browsers like Firefox and Chrome (and Opera to a limited extent) the non-english books are faded in the list until their box is ticked at the top, and you can untick all the other categories to have everything except the non-english ones faded... or I could just copy/paste them to this post :D (minus links for obtaining each book)

The last one has an English version planned for publication next year, but it'd be great if the others were translated also. Did I miss any?
    Feel free to repost this list ordered by language wherever you think translators will help.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TrevAnon Member

For German books: in case anyone has an OCR'd PDF of any of these I can look if I can start a project to make a first and rough translation. So please point me to it.
  3. dispart Member

One book that was important for the german public was Renate Hartwig "Scientology Ich klage an!" (Scientology: I accuse!) Weltbild Verlag 1994, pocket book version Wilhelm Heyne Verlag

http://www.amazon.de/Scientology-Ich-klage-Renate-Hartwig/dp/3453085213/

It had a big effect on the german public imho.
    Though I'm pretty sure the author wouldn't agree with a translation as she has since stopped her criticism of Scientology and turned against critics, after which she quit the whole scientology/critics scene entirely.

I suggest a different translation: "Scientology. How the cult-corporation wants to conquer the world"

I suggest a different translation: "Scientology: Knowing what's accurate" or "Scientology: Accurate information"
  4. moarxenu Member

ITT awesome researchfags are awesome.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. moarxenu Member

Needs moar Jean Dubreuil. Also I think some French psych just wrote about how psycho LRH was.
  6. Anonymous Member

I don't think this would stop Anonymous from doing a translation...
  7. Anonymous Member

• Informative Informative x 1