Customize

You Found the Card 2: Electric Boogaloo (Re-booting YFTC)

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by anon.kuna, May 15, 2014.

1. anon.kuna Member

So I think the world is long past due for a new version of You Found the Card. I feel like instead of a bunch of people making different designs, we should all make ONE design and stick with it. I think that would show more of a feel of unity, as the same kinds of cards would be used everywhere. Let's collaborate. Any graphic artists, submit designs and ideas, and let me know your thoughts.
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Bump. No skills but I enjoy sneaking cards into library books and public restrooms.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. rickybobby Member

To where should it point? Here?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Other suggestions?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. anon.kuna Member

Yeah, everything should point here. Mostly I think we should keep the cards simple-looking, to draw more attention to the website and subject than the cards themselves.

Obviously, the website needs to be started up again. I figured it would be cool to put a video on the homepage of the site. I have a pretty kick-ass Anonymous intro that has some attention-grabbing glitch effects that we could start off the video with, then maybe we could explain a little more about what the whole YFTC operation is about. I have the tools necessary to make the video, and I think it might be more effective to have it just text and music as opposed to our trademark Guy Fawkes speaking via a text-to-voice app. But that's just a thought.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. anon.kuna Member

Can I get some thoughts on what the video should say if you are all on board with this?
  7. A.O.T.F Member

I'm going to fire up Photoshop ... Also to cut up a million words and let them all fall to the floor. << The muso way. Trial and error territory, I guess. End product - People will certainly let us know, whether they are shit .. Or pass muster. That been said, in no way should it be a barrier for people to just get out there and try.

Agree?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Please keep in mind the safety of a scientologist who finds the card. Pointing to a website for information is safe enough, AFAIK.

Someone plants fake cards, I've found one before. I thought it was real, and left it for its intended purpose. But there was some really wrong info on it. In retrospect, it may have been a trap for sea org, it was near their buses in Clearwater. I don't remember if it had a phone # to call, it probably went straight to OSA.

I'm not really negative about it, I like the idea.
  9. A.O.T.F Member

Just sent anon kuna a track from Jeff becks latest album, It's called - Loaded. It would make a fantastic backing track. ;)

Do we have a talented person here, who is really adept at making up a good "Storyboard" ?
  10. A.O.T.F Member

So noted - And excellent ;)
  11. anon.kuna Member

I already started the video - basically so far its the glitch logo intro and then the words "you are seeing this for a reason". then "we are anonymous", then the logo glitches / flashes again and the words "and you found the card." pop up. Thoughts?
  12. A.O.T.F Member

Can you give us a small working sample .. say 15 to 20 seconds worth from the beginning, ak? Just so that we can get an idea of how it's going to look. Cool with you? If you are worried about copyright .. just embed and watermark the applicable

copyright-logo.jpg logo, top left or right. obviously smaller
  13. A.O.T.F Member

OK.. Work calls. So I'm going to be away for a while. I'm going to spend as much free time that i have working on this. I look forward to seeing peoples contributions.

Hang tough
  14. Disambiguation Global Moderator

<3
  15. anon.kuna Member

Sample. I can fix the second glitch as it is not as fluid into the words as I'd like it to be. But, anywho, let me know what you guys think of it. :)
    • Like Like x 3
  16. anon.kuna Member

This was my first idea for the card. Figured we should use the same font for all of this, that font is called "Sabado", one of my favorites. Really nice for simple graphics.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  17. A.O.T.F Member

That music fits perfectly .. nice work, ak ;)
  18. Disambiguation Global Moderator

ELEVENTY!1!!1!11111
    • Like Like x 1
  19. You spelled my nick wrong you moron

epic_fail_guy-t1.jpg
  20. rickybobby Member

Like your card, love the vid. I think it should be short and sweet. I assume you want to point to Chanology, and not Anon in general. I think we should end up directing newbies here:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/welcome-to-whyweprotest.111548/

I will print some up and distribute. VistaPrint.com did a fine job for me in the past. I also volunteer to have some printed and send them free via snail mail to anyone that wants to PM me US address. I can also do sticky notes there, in addition to cards. These can go up on stop signs, back of bathroom doors, light poles, utility boxes, newspaper boxes, inside newspapers IN the newspaper boxes, etc.
  21. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Plz post so I can copy em.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. OK, I did some surfing around last nite and found some standard templates for people to use if they need them. I have oval sticker, round stickers, rectangular stickers, cards and bumper stickers.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  23. HellRazor Member

Goatse. or Rickroll.
  24. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Oh U.jpg
  25. Budd Member

Think about your intended audience? Rather than point to here (a protest site that most YFTC finders would think was weird) point people to www.xenu.net - much more of a beginner's site with tons of information about Co$.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. rickybobby Member

Yah, its old shit but it does seem to be the gateway site. That and TO.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. AnyOldName Member

Yes, this place is for the semi-initiated and somewhat technically savvy. Some of the folks at TO's get "lost" over here. Maybe point to a resource page with beginner links to Xenu.net, TO, Tampa Bay/SP Times articles, even Karen's YouTube channel.
  28. anon.kuna Member

Why don't we just rebuild a new version of youfoundthecard.com?
    • Like Like x 4
  29. AnyOldName Member

Sounds good. It was an effective portal in introducing the crimes of $cn to newbies. If it is done in a serious and factual manner could also serve as a resource for the media. As $cn gets pulled into more lawsuits, criminal investigations, celeb defections, etc. reporters are going to be looking for background - the easier we make it for them the better we get our position out there.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. anon.kuna Member

I agree.

31. Hilarious.

What were you going to copyright?

You cannot.

Also, there is no message.
    Have you considered that you would need a consensus on whichever message or statement you want to make under the anonymous banner?

(personally, i don't like having pamphlets shoved at me when out and about. it is annoying.)
    entirely
    This message by entirely has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  32. I was thinking that myself, that we needed a gateway site that skimmed the issues and redirected to specific sites such as TO, xenu.net, exscn, exscn kids, Tipping Point and even here. That would require more skill than I have currently, but it would be good to have a portal to the subject for newbs as the sites have become somewhat specialized in the last 6 years.

In 2008, xenu.net was the best beginner portal, and they still host some good docs, but I see TO's site as being a bit more comprehensive in the more recent events such as the narconon lawsuits, Jenna M's book, recent escapes, etc. I also think that the impact of linking to whatever page that is hosting the sci death toll is also worth considering.

Then there is the ex-sea-org number as well which should be considered if someone is leaving these cards in a clammy place.

I can't open them now, I just upgraded OSes and I will have to rig up my computer to play the program again, but the idea I had for the cards I was working on was a kind of series, sort of like a trading card, 2-sided, the back of each one each one focusing on a victim of scientology with a short summary and a website link to a major article about the person. The other side was a more generic YFTC with the standard web info.
    • Like Like x 2
  33. anon.kuna Member

Video isn't finished yet, bub.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Disambiguation Global Moderator

consensus lol
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Disambiguation Global Moderator

troll.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  36. anon.kuna Member

• Like Like x 3
  37. DeathHamster Member

Print the link as a Q code on a t-shirt with an iron-on transfer.
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  38. anon.kuna Member

I can help build the site but I can't afford to pay for the domain - someone else needs to do that :oops:
  39. How much?
  40. anon.kuna Member

well the site I use is simple building stuff, sounds lame but http://weebly.com is actually really good for this kind of stuff. It's 20 bucks for two years. I could build the site and give out the account info so whoever wants to pay can do so.