Customize

You Should Read L. Ron Hubbard

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by muldrake, Jan 25, 2014.

1. muldrake Member

Yes, I know, everything he said was complete bullshit. But here's an example of something you seriously must read if you haven't already.

SP doctrine and particularly, the PTS/SP pack. Why? It's absolute crap, right? Yes, it is. However, it's what gets applied when Scientologists attack you. It's basically their playbook, and they can't even really change it, not even the dwarf.

Incidentally, putting up stuff like this is the best thing Gerry Armstrong does.

I also think Introduction to Scientology Ethics is a very good start at understanding their mentality.

How often do your enemies make their playbook available to the public? Why not take advantage?
    • Like Like x 13
  2. OTeleventy Member

Aw, gee, Dad. Do I have to?
    • Like Like x 7
  3. I allready did to the point I get mistaken for a Scilon

funny-pictures-cat-does-a-robotic-dance.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  4. muldrake Member

You might be surprised at the results when you know their "scripture" better than they do when they try to wallop you with some Hubbardism, but you have something better also from Hubbard. They're usually not prepared for that, because they assume you must be ignorant of their superior tech. One of my favorites is the Tech Dictionary, because they can hardly disagree with that.

"What? Are you saying Hubbard was wrong?"
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Or the vast contradictions in general

"families are not good groups"

-L Ron Hubbard
  6. Jeff Jacobsen Member

At one of the protests in Clearwater, a lady apparently assigned to me kept chattering at me. "Your arms must be getting really tired of holding that sign." Stuff like that. finally I said why are you running Black Dianetics on me? She looked confused and went to some guy. I heard her saying something like "wtf, he just accused me of using Black Dianetics!"
    • Like Like x 3
  7. muldrake Member

On my few occasions picketing, I have noticed exactly this. They get quite discombobulated just at the mere fact that you know what they're doing and point it out. Stupid suppressive wogs aren't even supposed to know any of that stuff.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. eddieVroom Member

I think we had some notion of this back as far as 1993, but no one has made a truly serious study of it vis-a-vis Game Theory that I'm aware of.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Thing is -

If you become just like your perceived "enemy target", then you lose.

It's like stoner jedi mind stuff.

For reals.

Back to watching the weather channel.

[IMG]
  10. amaX Member

Duuuuude. I can't read Hubbard. My brain snaps shut.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. muldrake Member

You have a point. I'll refrain from pointing out that it's on top of your head, because then I'd just be being a jerk.

However, simply reading and understanding the ideology of your opponent is not becoming like him or her. Considering the opponent in this case is Scientology, it's exactly the opposite. They do NOT and are actually prohibited from even considering "our" viewpoint.

This is actually a humongous advantage for us.

(Also even though the first sentence of this post was a deliberate insult, I don't intend it personally. I just thought it was funny.)
    • Like Like x 2
  12. OK.
    As regards "our" viewpoint.... This isn't about making people convert to some other type of ideology, outside of treating each other humanely, and for victims to be granted an opportunity to utilize their own freedom to make new life choices based on what are now infamous revelations. And, that's it.

Srs, at this point in the game, there is nothing to argue about, because all of those arguments have been had ad infinitum over the years, and as a result, ........ it's done. It is rolling like a smooth train going down a sloping mountain propelled by gravity.
  13. As an aside, I see a lot of fighting all over the place, and there is actually a syndrome that social workers and nurses and all sorts of individuals in fields in which they are caring for others in difficulty...

Compassion fatigue. (It is a real thing, and something to consider.)

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/somatic-psychology/201207/compassion-fatigue

http://www.compassionfatigue.org/pages/symptoms.html
  14. The Internet Member

Can you explain how this is an example of Black Dianetics? I just find it weird.
  15. muldrake Member

Very, very good points. I should emphasize again that although I deliberately insulted you for no good reason, it was nothing personal. I enjoyed doing it and laughed at my own joke. While this was arguably a jerk move, I don't regret it in the least and I'd do it again.

I think this actually plays into your own point about compassion fatigue. Even a caring human just can't care all the time. Scientology does horrible, sadistic things to people. If you've gone up against them time and again, you know this. You've seen it. You've seen the rotten things they make people do. You've been the target of the rotten things they do to you in response.

Sometimes, the proper response is to be even more cruel and monstrous than they are, and to torment them back.

To do this successfully, yes, you have to turn off your own compassion.

But you also have to realize when it is time to turn it back on.

I may hate Scientology, but I love the people on the other side, and I want to see them win. By getting out.

And anyone who knows some of the wonderful ex-Scientologists out there knows there are great people inside Scientology who deserve to be free.
    • Like Like x 4
  16. muldrake Member

It was an attempt to revive engrams of physical exhaustion to cause him to put down his picket sign. I know that if you don't understand Dianetics (and most people don't and shouldn't), you wouldn't get this. But that's obviously what she was trying to do.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Jeff Jacobsen Member

It's like reverse processes. She was trying to get me to feel bad and go away, instead of feel good.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. It is 5th grader sissy taunting combined with some paranoia going back and forth on both ends.

who cares
    Pie Rogi
    This message by Pie Rogi has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  19. The Internet Member

I see. If someone said, “Your arms must be getting tired,” I guess I would say, “Oh I’m fine. How are you doing?” Or if they were really annoying and I was feeling silly I might try the old, “Does your face hurt?” joke.

Or you could go, “Now that you mention it, I think my arms are tired. Hey Anonymous buddy, would you mind giving me a quick touch assist?” Then you could ham up the stupidity of touch assists, maybe do some “look at that tree” shit also.

Or you could counter superstition with superstition: “Be careful you know want Ron said about Black Dianetics... yeah, it causes premature aging..."
    • Like Like x 3
  20. You know, I like this.
    lol That is style.

21. This is good.

Question is...... (a rhetorical one)

Can you see the individual human being beyond all the labels and group associations and all that outer image stuff?

A generality would be the different clubs that people belong to with varied interests.
    They are individuals, not identical robots.
    As are we.
  22. I think reading Hubbard is an excellent idea. And how I have tried

My record is getting four pages into Dianetics. He is hard going IMO. Maybe if I had a few more problems he would appeal to me more
    • Like Like x 1
  23. As ifness Member

You've got misunderstood words, or you flubbed a withhold on the study tech checklist.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Masca Member

He's long winded and incredibly boring.Probably due to his own personal witholds* at the time of writing.

*Not that he had many, just a few dozen.
  25. themadhair Member

Another advantage to being booked up is that most Scientologists strictly adhere to the 'gradient', which means it takes them a considerable amount of time to read Hubbard materials. Us wogs don't have that issue, and can easily surpass most Scientologists in the volume of material read.

Think about that. There are protesters far more read up on Scientology than a lot of Scientologists.

In terms of prioritising the PTS/SP course is a good start, followed by HDA and HQS which contain materials every Scientologist will encounter. Most of the Scientologists we encounter in Ireland are pre-clear and I suspect the same is true elsewhere. For those on the OT levels there is plenty of trolling material.
    • Like Like x 5
  26. muldrake Member

Rhetorical or not, I have an actual answer. At my best, I can.

Some of my best current friends are people I used to attack in the most cruel way I could. But I could also recognize there was an actual human being somewhere down under that pile of bullshit that was Scientology. Pooks is definitely an example of this. She used a variety of nicks over the years, and I could always tell which ones were hers. I eventually helped her set up nymserver accounts, and it sure took the cult a long time to figure out who she actually was. Not many women I know were able to use Type II remailers in chains to operate a nym. If you ever did that, you know those nymservers were tricky to use correctly.

There are certainly a few other exes I know who were incredibly smart despite having been suckered into a cult. Most of those others, though, had the sense to get out of fighting cults and have lives now, so I won't name them.

There are some who are probably still in. I really liked a post by one MikeSmith3@aol.com years ago, that seriously called me out on being a chickenshit in a hilarious way. Basically I'd announced and planned a picket in NYC in, I think, 1996. But then everyone else chickened out, and there I had a pile of leaflets and wasn't about to go there alone. So I just handed them out in the general neighborhood.

MikeSmith3 called it a "drive-by sneering." Lovely turn of phrase.

Maybe it was even Bill Yaude!
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Disambiguation Global Moderator

I've read L.Ron Hubbard science fiction. It was dreck,
    • Like Like x 1
  28. muldrake Member

Fear and Typewriter in the Sky are probably his works worthy of the name science fiction.

Most of what he wrote was utter crap, though.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. L Ron Hubbard has never interested me as I only read and speak English.
    • Like Like x 3
  30. afternon Member

I think just asking "Are you clear, or are you still mocking up your reactive mind?" is sufficient!
    • Like Like x 2
  31. If you want an added touch, I could say that I have been told that I am a Natural Clear.
    lol
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonylemmi Member

"You Should Read L. Ron Hubbard"
    No. Non. Nyet.
    Gtfo & diaf.
    Thank you very much.
  33. CarterUSP Member

Full time dedicated, committed scilons train for HOURS every day for YEARS on all that hubbard could offer are so often left flummoxed, retreating into curtain-tech, confused and invalidated... by anons WHO PROTEST IN THEIR SPARE TIME USING INFO THEY GOT FROM DICKING AROUND ON THE INTERNET FOR A BIT.
    • Like Like x 4
  34. Herro Member

Sorry, I can't read Hubbard any more ever since I heard an audio recording of him. Now whenever I try to read anything he's written I hear it in his silly voice. Fuckin gingers man.
  35. Thank you for listening.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  36. afternon Member

Please don't sing!
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Incredulicide Member

• Like Like x 1
  38. muldrake Member

I agree on these two, even though reading Dianetics is absolutely excruciatingly awful. It may be the worst written book in the history of bad writing. Not since the invention of fire has there been something that makes you want to die as much.

I would also recommend the PTS/SP course pack and for specific strategy on how the cult ALWAYS acts, the OSA Network Orders (that used to be Guardian's Office). These basically comprise the cult's playbook and tell you how to play them and how to get them to do what you want them to do. They don't actually have any choice about whether or not to use these strategies, since they're Standard Tech.

But use your powers for good and not evil. I'm a wizard and so can you!
    • Like Like x 4