Customize

Your friendly Anonymous Bus Guide

Discussion in 'Projects' started by anon11, May 4, 2008.

1. anon11 Member

Your friendly Anonymous Bus Guide

Many bus lines pass or stop directly at CoS buildings. Some people might see the protests, both the big ones and the frash raids, when passing by... but how many of them would actually think more than "whoa, maskey pplz!"?
    And then they'd forget it altogether.

However, there's another option.

Some bus stations ago, some guy with a V for Vendetta mask came in. He sat down, silently and remained so for several more stations, leaving all the people wondering why he was concealing his face in a bus.

Nearing the CoS building, the masked man stands up, points a yellow umbrella (or similar guide's accesoire) to the roof and proclaims loudly:

"And to your left, ladies and gentlemen, you'll see the local Scientology building, distinguishable by being protested today by internet superheroes. Under the guise of a religion, Scientology's authoritative pyramid scheme tries to evade taxes when providing at best expensive self-help program and at worst cult-like slavery and human rights abuses. These include, but are not limited to, forced abortions, forced working under health-threatening and abusive conditions, invasive interrogations and breaking families up. A requirement for progressing in Scientology is the suspention of all critical thinking and taking the writings of founder L Ron Hubbard literally. Hubbard can be never wrong or incomplete. Whoever suggests that, is an enemy of Scientology."

OR (in a David Miscavige ot Tom Cruise Mask)

"And to your left, ladies and gentlemen, you'll see the local Scientology building, distinguishable by being protested today by internet superheroes. As Scientology is the only TRUE truth, all critics of Scientology must be criminals, lying only because they want to be so EVIL. Sadly, they are wearing masks, so we cannot identify them, even though we're filming and photographing them the whole time. If you have any information regarding the capture of a peaceful protestor, contact your Sci org, so we can call their workplace to slander them, spread lies about them, send them unsolicited packages at their homes, threaten lawsuits, kill their pets, tap their phone and generally push them to suicide. Thank you very much."

Said masked man sits down quietly and remains so for several stops, until h leaves quietly, leaving the passangers amazed.

tl;dr: Get on bus and tell people about Scientology when they pass an Org.
  2. anon1957 Member

Re: Your friendly Anonymous Bus Guide

^^^^^^Brilliant!
    (I favor speech #1)

But I think said masked person should start the announcement just as the bus is approaching and say, Ladies and Gentlemen, we are now approaching ....etc. Then when you get there, calmly get off the bus and join the protest. After offering people fliers as you go down the isle. (Before the bus driver has a chance to throw you off for being a nuisance or some such)
  3. Se7en Member

0_0..
    Some ones been thinking.

Yes Yes Yes.. Mega Awesome wins to be had here..
    Must get video footage..

DO IT, Man The Harpoons, Ect Ect
  4. Eiswem Member

Brilliant idea! Doesn't work for Perth, Aus though, as busses don't pass the org :(
  5. Ten Tigers Member

That is bucking frilliant!!!
  6. Anonakitty Member

fucking great idea , a tram passes right by us and the co$ building and its always jam packed.
  7. DrAdlaiAtkins Member

Awesome.

This is probably particular to NYC, but up in times square (near the org) you've got a couple bus companies who give out tickets - somehow fliering or hijacking these street tix sales would be pretty sweet.
    edit: I refer of course to those double decked monstrosities that usher tourists through their Manhattan safaris.
  8. Legione Member

I tried doing something similar - i put on my mask, and wore a shirt that had URL's all over it - front, back, even the sleeves.

Immediately upon stepping on, the bus driver (who is on a name basis with me) asked me to take it off. I told him it was me, and that i was just going to sit and be quiet, but he insisted i take it off or go home.

Might not work, due to crazy, though in big cities where crazy is expected it might work... or work less. depending.
  9. Re: Your friendly Anonymous Bus Guide

This proves to be a funny to the tourist and to us as well if it occur, maybe talk into a microphone when we do it so people can hear us better.

Anyone in Melbourne (Australia) have a microphone and amp they want to bring along, or any other ideas that we can use ??
  10. anonausfag Member

This anon = epic win
  11. Alive Member

Very clever idea I must say, it's interesting, creative and is "out there" enough to get people to maybe pay just enough attention to learn something.

Only consideration, is it possible that the bus driver may not allow a masked individual on the bus? Or ask them to leave once putting on a mask? Wearing the mask up to the speech would indeed do a great job of passively grabbing interest, but it might result in being removed prior to hitting the destination.
  12. anon11 Member

It all depends on the driver I guess. It might be scary for a lot of folks to see a mask, so Im speculating that at the extreme they might either think youre going to randomly shoot people or youre a publicity stunt.

If they driver says to take that mask off, say this loudly:

"Sir, with all due respect,this is public transport. Im going to have to ask the public to vote on this one."

The masked man turns his face to the passengers.

"If you think I should take off my mask, please raise your hand. But be aware that with the mask down, you'll never know what was about to begin. If ou agree, please raise your hands now."

*some people raise hands*

"If you think I should leave my mask on, please raise your hands now."

*some people raise hands*

Situation 1: The mask says put, you continue with the thingy.

Situation 2: Mask comes off, and under the mask is
    a) another mask
    b) Xenu.net painted on the face
    The unmasked man does NOT continue with the guide-mimicking.

any suggestions?
  13. Underpants? Member

You will get your ass kicked off the bus trying that.