Customize

Youth survey in: Women should know their place

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by White Tara, May 7, 2015.

1. White Tara Global Moderator

While this is an Australian survey, I wonder how closely it represents attitudes of youth in other 'western' societies. Confirmation perhaps that sex education in schools, and certainly at home, should encompass more focus on respect, healthy attitudes to sex and boundaries..

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...our-young-people/story-fnet0gt3-1227346010021

More at link;
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...our-young-people/story-fnet0gt3-1227346010021

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kilia Member

Talk about trying to control women, I just got done viewing "MoonStruck" ! lol

..but seriously, the US Republican party is trying to do the same thing, via vaginas, birth control..etc.etc.....epluribus ad nauseum.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kilia Member

...I forgot to add that also some use the Bible to control their women.
  4. White Tara Global Moderator

I quite literally was just thinking about abstinence based education in the bible belt. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. White Tara Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hugh Bris Member

from the article
    but
    I wonder if the definition of 'confirmed' changed without me noticing. It's so hard to keep track.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

IMHO, you should broaden your perspective: throughout history - and most certainly long before that - most societies had this objective on top of their list, through religions, legal codes, political systems, etc.
  8. BLiP Member

• Like Like x 4
  9. Anonymous Member

Interesting. I had an acquaintance, who also believed women should know their place. The funny thing is, this acquaintance was female.

"Adults". They always think people won't have sex before married and aged 35.
  10. Hugh Bris Member

back in the day that was called "putting an aspirin between your knees." It worked about as well as you'd expect.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ann O'Nymous Member

So interesting.
  12. Disambiguation Global Moderator

13. Women need to take thrir proper place in society. We all have a place in society, with Men being at the top. Thats how it is within every aspect of life. That will never change, as much as some might want it to.
  14. Q4Q Member

"Hidden Figures"
    True story made into a movie.
    NASA women (of African American ethnicity) who got us to the moon before Russia.
    These women exuded self-respect, and, thankfully for the world, played breadwinner roles while their husbands explored maternal/paternal roles.
    Sad that these instances aren't used more often to shape gender role identities in school.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Welcome here Q4Q