Customize

Youtube adding red/magenta to uploaded videos

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by sgm, Jul 12, 2014.

1. sgm Member

Hi guys,

Any time i upload something to youtube thats exported from adobe premiere or final cut pro x it adds this red/magenta tint to it, especially skin tone, and totally blows out the red on peoples faces at times. This completely undoes the hard work I've done in colour grading the video. When I upload them to Vimeo they're totally fine, and I've tried loads of different export formats (.mov, mp4, with various settings) and all of them give the same thing. Surely I cant be the only one to experience this?!?

Any help/advice is appreciated!!!

Attached Files:

2. BigBeard Member

Have you contacted YouTube tech support about the issue???:D

BigBeard
  3. I'm have the exact same problem.
    First, I used to upload .mov files and it always added a few magenta, specially in the skin tone.
    Then I started uploading .mp4 files, like they recommend. It was fine for a while.
    But now even the mp4 is going red these days. I still don't know what it is, maybe they are having an issue with the conversion.
  4. Kilia Member

I hate Google for taking over YT!!! :mad:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DeathHamster Member

It sounds like a colorspace disagreement. I'm guessing that there's a Mac involved in the process?

Apparently you need to export YUV-encoded videos to the Rec.709 RGB matrix before uploading them to YouTube, and make sure that your player isn't using Rec.601 YUV.
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

This thread is a pre- spam trap.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

Agreed. I think that today's post ^^^ from "Luanne" is the setup post.

ETA: based on what I've seen of these, the OP could also be the setup post.
  8. UPDATE the driver of your video card