Customize

Youtube Black PR day before/of Protests

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by GooD, May 9, 2008.

1. GooD Member

Youtube Black PR day before/of Protests

This totally misleading youtube insists that anti-hate crimes = no opinion.
    Could not be more wrong. The first one is a solid 4 stars. They are actively using spam to hide comments calling them to task.

These are FAIL, but people are buying it.:frustration:

linkage for you all.. GOGOGOGO
    i need to rest up for the protest. rock on you all.

ME thinks there are more vids lurking.

YouTube - WARNING! Anti-Hate Police Target UK Anonymous on May 10
    YouTube - Anti-Hate Police Target UK Anonymous on May 10

and amazingly the first is from doyle6315
    YouTube - WARNING! Anti-Hate Police Target UK Anonymous on May 10
  2. Anonymous55 Member

Re: At the risk of having this topic moved Youtube Black PR day before/of Protests

Wat
  3. UnmaskedMan Member

Re: At the risk of having this topic moved Youtube Black PR day before/of Protests

They're jsut trying their: "ZOMG! They're gonna use the Children as Human Shields!" ploy again. :text:
  4. Re: At the risk of having this topic moved Youtube Black PR day before/of Protests

Wat
  5. anonEmouser Member

Poor scilons. They are so used to just referring to themselves as unimpeachable source that they utterly fail at the Proof or GTFO concept.

"...and that, is why you fail."
  6. GooD Member

Title
    Youtube Black PR day before/of Protests. posted by Scilons. Actively trolled for comments, marking them as spam.
    tl;dr
    Videos are Lies.
  7. Whitehatv2 Member

Nail them to the ground, Scorch earth the whole lot of them and Bring those damn videos down.
  8. nnemus Member

Fucking fakes. Ignore them.
  9. Consensus Member

wait wait wait wait wait....

So the first protest, where we were afraid they'd use photographs of our teeth to identify us, they did nothing - because their 'mega plan' needed another month to plan...

And on month two, they hired PI's, followed us to our cars, got our license plates and sent DVDs to our parents... and told everyone we were terrorists...

And on month three, they pretended to have their own protests in the same time and place to interfere with us, and had some of us arrested on bullshit charges now thrown out in court...

And this is all they can muster now?

Fuck. I've been betting people the church would be done by the end of the year. I now give them one more month. Fuck them. They can't do shit. All bark and no bite - and now that they've proven it, the bark isn't very intimidating anymore.
  10. A.Non Hubbard Member

I said it as a joke before, but I'm beginning to believe it: Sea Arrrgh will be less of a protest and more of a post coital cigarette. The cult cannot even fake being at cause to their victims any more.

[IMG]
  11. ANON E MOOSE Member

Just to note, a seperate topic here comments on uk anons being suddenly told last night that they cant use the word cult on signs and may be arrested for doing so. So this may not be as far fetched as it first seems. Blown out of proportion maybe. But there may be a sliver of truth in there.
  12. Globie Member

Bitches used Enya, THAT'S IT, THE GLOVES ARE OFF!!!!!
  13. A.Non Hubbard Member

Simple: replace

"SCIENTOLOGY IS A CULT"

with

"SCIENTOLOGY IS A CU*T"

And you'll be fine.
  14. IsThisOn? Member

Yeah, that's bull shit...friend is from UK, said it is poppycock! protesters have said far worse things in the UK and were not arrested.
    There is nothing illegal about saying CULT...
  15. UNP Member

As a peaceful public protest, you can say whatever you want as long as it's not a direct incitement to riot, as long as it's not vulgar and offensive, and as long as it's not interfering with or endangering members of the public.

Co$ are attempting to prey on the ignorance of a group that has proven time and time again that it can run rings around and outperform ANYTHING it can muster. They're aware their time is almost up and they are sweating, crying anc bleeding money to attempt to drag their pitiful existence on a moment or two longer.

That smell that follows around the Co$ members? That's fear.
  16. anonymoose Member

It wasn't the UK, it was Scotland, and possibly London. I tinks.
  17. Heyanonnyno Member

Why am I reminded of a recording of the faux band "Bad News" (the Young Ones dudes doing a Spinal Tap-esque band doco). They were being interviewed and the interviewer had an Indian accent. And he kept saying, "What is it like to be a big cult?" But cult didn't sound like cult. You can guess what it sounded like.

Big cult! Big cult!
  18. Twirret Member

Its true for Scotfags.
    Edinburgh Anons had a meeting with police and it was one of things the police stated they didn't want cause of complaints from HAPI (our Co$). Lemme find it...

TL;DR: If Scotfags want to say "Cult", we need to be able to back it up with dox.
  19. realitybites Member

^^^^^^

If the HAPI can pull this shit, can't you do the same and say that calling themselves a "religion" is offensive and insulting to you. So they have to remove any mention of "religion" on their public spaces...
  20. ANON E MOOSE Member

21. theramin Member

Well they wouldn't want us to make HAPI sad.
  22. Twirret Member

Its possible for us to so that, but religion - particularly because of sectarianism - can be and is a very touchy topic in Scotland. Doing this seems like the easiest course of action, and since we're acting mature and not BAAAAWWWWWWing senselessly about the HAPI, we essentially have the moral high ground.

We also got confirmation from the cops that the HAPI is not allowed under any circumstances to take photos of us. :fuckyou:
    So thats a win!
  23. Amnon Nhymous Member

$cientology is a COLT.
  24. storge Member

if the police told me I couldn't call them a cult, I'd make a point of calling them a cult. that's what protests and free speech are about, not saying comfortable nice things, but rallying against bad shit. that's how civilization works, that's the genius of the west the weird neocon writers talk about, not some cozy backroom deal between tony blair the imams and scientologists to suppress unpopular opinions in the name of religious and social harmony. give the local police some reading material by an academic expert on why scientology is a cult and not NOT a religion (which is what British courts have found to be the case in the past too btw):

"Scientology: Religion or racket?" Benjamin Beit-Hallahmi, University of Haifa, Israel
    Marburg Journal of Religion (September 2003) Benjamin Beit-Hallahmi
    http://web.uni-marburg.de/religionswissenschaft/journal/mjr/pdf/2003/breit2003.pdf
  25. Consensus Member

"Scientology is occult I can't spell gud"
    "What do Scientology and Rocky Horror Picture Show have in common?"
  26. Re: At the risk of having this topic moved Youtube Black PR day before/of Protests

Weird folks like us who show up in costume, apparently.
  27. Consensus Member

Just after the February protest, I made a few posts attempting to persuade people to stop using the words 'cult' and 'hate' in signs - not because I'm some kind of moralfag, but because I didn't think they'd be effective at persuading scilons to leave the cult, and because I feared we'd get labeled a 'hate-group.'

When Scientology ran with the hate-group accusations, the movement *did* abandon the 'honk of you hate scientology' signs. But we never did resolve the question of what to /call/ the cult. We don't want to call it the 'Church of Scientology', because that implies it's a legitimate church and/or religion. But we can't just call it 'Scientology', because we wanted to differentiate between the organization (the villain) and the members (the victims). I usually just abreviate it to 'CoS' or refer to it as 'The Cult', but I myself would not use the word 'cult' on a sign or in conversation with a scilon - there are more persuasive reasons for someone to leave scientology than 'because it's a cult' (which conveys almost no information). The recent affidavit that's making the rounds refers to it as 'Organized Scientology,' and I've taken to using that expression myself.

At the same time, I agree with your sentiment. If the cops tell me I can't do something which I know I have a legal god-damned right to do, it makes me want to do it.

So what's the verdict? Well, each anon decides for him or herself, of course. If an anon still wants to run with a 'honk if you hate scientology' sign, I have no authority to stop them.

But the ultimate question you should ask yourself at every step, when facing a decision like this, is 'Will this maximize the effectiveness of our campaign to end the Church of Scientology?' To stop calling it a cult now almost seems like we're conceding that it's not, and to do so at the direction of the government implies that the government is stating with *authority* that it is not. Neither of these possible conclusions are true.

However, our target *is* the church of scientology. We are not protesting the government (though we are petitioning it to action), we are not protesting the police, we are not protesting the church members, we are protesting Organized Scientology. A war with the government over what is and isn't our constitutionally guaranteed right is not our ideal strategy.
    ========
    And, if I may play devil's advocate for a moment... and feel free to rebuff me here:
    Not all speech is protected speech; libel and slander is illegal. But the government does not prosecute libel and slander; it's a civil case. As such, the appropriate action for Organized Scientology to take, if it feels the word 'cult' is libelous, is to sue individual anons for libel. And this is where our anonymity can work against us. Clearly, if we remain anonymous, Organized Scientology cannot sue us for libel. And being masked does not suddenly imbue us with the legal right to commit libel and slander.

This may be the case the Scientologists are presenting to the police, and thus forcing the dilemma on them to either unmask us or demand we stop making libelous statements. Scientology has stooped to this, because they know they can't persuade the cops to do both.
  28. alolnymous Member

[i reply in regards to American law]

In the United States, trying to stop people from saying "cult" would be laughed at by even the lowest-ranking judicial official. Heck, (some) politicians have tried and failed to even make n**ger an "illegal" word.

American news agencies would completely tear them apart.
  29. Major Boyle Member

Re: Youtube Black PR day before/of Protests

How about a sign reading "Honk if you think $cientology is a cult!"
  30. googoomuck Member

It's a cult, but worse yet it's a criminal organization
  31. Himbeertoni Member

claim to be german and speak with a funny accent, over here it is a cult! But srzly Cult with a question mark? Cult? or "I think Scientology is a Cult!" you can think whatever you want and express that canĀ“t you?