Customize

Youtube channel under attack

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by anon8109, Jun 10, 2014.

1. anon8109 Member

Someone (hello OSA) is attempting to have Youtube automatically take down videos that are critical of the Scientology corporation.

This attempt at censorship cannot be allowed to continue unchallenged.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
    -The Friends of Voltaire (1906)
    • Like Like x 6
  2. rickybobby Member

Mirror, mirror on the wall......

We need many, many more copies of these videos on the www

This is another sign that Scn has hired professionals to work the net for them. This recent spate of bullshit on here, a dumass wp blog that shows up, targeted youtube spam attacks...

I think FD got them really rattled. Rattled enough to pay for outside help.

Again, WHAT CHURCH DOES THIS?????? The answer? NONE.

SCIENTOLOGY IS A BUSINESS. And a corrupt, dishonest one, at that. Every day they act more and more like a BUSINESS engaged in industrial espionage. The more money we can document that they spend on this kind of stuff, the better the case for the IRS to re-examine their tax exemption.
    • Like Like x 7
  3. fishypants Moderator

On what grounds?

More info please.
  4. DeathHamster Member

Clickbots hired to act like obvious clickbots. YouTube automatically takes down videos with many bot views.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. fishypants Moderator

Interesting.

dox?

Comment from youtube?
  6. anon8109 Member

These are the videos under attack:

1. "Church" of Scientology Library Book Scam. Money extortion racket.
    "Church" of Scientology Library Book Scam. Money extortion racket.
    2. Mark Bunker in Clearwater tells the Council about "Church" trying to evict him (and mentions me)
    Mark Bunker in Clearwater tells the Council about "Church" trying to evict him (and mentions me)
    3. Mark Bunker tells the story of Anonymous vs. Church of Scientology -- Mark Bunker tells the story of Anonymous vs. Church of Scientology

4. Scientology Inc: Sex, Lies and Videotape Scientology Inc: Sex, Lies and Videotape
    5. Mark Bunker, Scientology videographer update from his re-location to Florida Mark Bunker, Scientology videographer update from his re-location to Florida
    Scientology Inc Look behind the glamor and gliitter by Tiziano and Jamie Lugli
    Scientology Inc Look behind the glamor and gliitter by Tiziano and Jamie Lugli
    7. Jefferson Hawkins Surviving Scientology Radio Episode 6
    Jefferson Hawkins Surviving Scientology Radio Episode 6
    8. Scientology Inc's David Miscavige Management by violence Scientology Inc's David Miscavige Management by violence
    • Like Like x 4
  7. fishypants Moderator

How can we confirm that?

Once it's confirmed, what can we do to help?
  8. anon8109 Member

Karen would need to post screenshots of the attacks, or we could just take her word for it.
  9. Taking her word for anything is a bit silly and I'm not sure how the screenshots would prove that its not her own click-farm gone astray. Perhaps when some of the videos do get pulled and I see something from YouTube confirming the situation I might be sufficiently bestirred into action. When it comes to the Independent Scientologists and their travails there are just too many imponderables. Meanwhile, I shall place the situation into the "To be monitored" file for follow up in a few days.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. DeathHamster Member

Indies hiring click-farms in India, makes sense.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. I hope some smart WWP poster realized that besides OSA, Kaen has a lot to lose if she gets found boasting her own views and a lot to win if she blames OSA.

She has an agenda, this Class XII still-auditing-people-and-love-LRH scammer.

Karen: DOX or STFU
    J Swift
    This message by J Swift has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  13. I am calling out
    Karen and Jeffrey
    to show proof
    that the cult did this
    and that it wasn't them
    trying to increase their video views
    and the whole thing went to hell
    and were caught red handed.
    As we say "TITS or GTFO" Karen
    Disclaimer:
    I am not asking Karen to show us her tits, please God!
    cancer pants
    This message by cancer pants has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  14. Random guy Member

It doesn't seem likely. Neither seem to have the necessary skills to pull it off, and the risks of being caught versus the potential gain by a higher view count doesn't seem worth it. What would de la Carriere gain by an increased view-count? She lives from selling tacky paintings, not as a YouTube video producer.

While I'm all for demanding dox, I'm not sure it is possible to dox it the cult is the culprit.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. badmothers
    This message by badmothers has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  16. Theres only one possible response.Call and prank those capitalists.Break their nerves.Like the chanology attacks...
    comcradestalin
    This message by comcradestalin has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  17. BLiP Member

It doesn't actually require any skills, just a phone call to a click-farm and some dosh to pay for it. There's not much risk in being caught and the temptation might be to piss the cult off by manufacturing the idea that there are millions of people watching "Surviving Scientology" while its own videos are tanking. Its hard to know where Karen is on the decompression scale but she is still, apparently, offering auditing. If she is still operating from a Scientology view of the world, stats are a BIG deal. Also, aren't there promotional benefits accrued by a high view count?

I'm not saying that this is the case here, only that the reasons you posit are flimsy. I agree it does seem more likely the cult is behind this . . . but is the cult operating from the knowledge that Karen has been using a click farm and is trying to fuck that up or is it something the cult came up with all by itself? Possibly. It could be trial run for a wider campaign. Since spending all that money on having the Pootube front page all to itself for 24 hours, it could be feeling a little agrieved. During that 24 hours, some of the cult's vids also had vids from Karen's series, and other critical uploaders, running alongside them as "recommended". That musta stung. Although - it could have been because of my own past viewing habits.
    • Like Like x 4
  18. DeathHamster Member

Yeah, I wish they had a clear setting to completely switch off the "Google Bubble".
    • Like Like x 3
  19. fishypants Moderator

I don't see evidence that anything happened at all.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. From those who believed the story, Karen got a whole lot of publicity, a bunch of sympathy, and cemented the idea that she is a big powerful being seen as a real threat by Scientology. That's a win for the Indie Div 6 crew.
    Purple Onion
    This message by Purple Onion has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  21. [IMG]
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  22. kanibal Member

Frenchs OSAs :

Frederic Grossmann (DSA)
    Benoit Singla
    X Vailli
  23. thesneakster Member

I couldn't help but notice you snipped off the date of that comment - June 8, 2013. Not that it is the business of anyone not a member of that Facebook group, but I resigned from any special "hat" in Indie Scientologist over 8 months ago. Your information is greatly stale.

Michael A. Hobson
    Independent Scientologist
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Are you saying you are not the "Security Investigations Officer" anymore?
    Or are you?

inb4deflection_and_noanswer
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  25. Kilia Member

What part of this sentence don't you understand??
    "....but I resigned from any special "hat" in Indie Scientologist over a 8 months ago."
    • Like Like x 2
  26. fishypants Moderator

Well, the special Scientology-jargon usage of the everyday noun 'hat' - which to the rest of the world means simply 'hat' - to mean 'job' or 'role', could be a fuck of a lot clearer. But that's the cult for you.

the_man_who_mistook_his_wife_for_a_hat1.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  27. thesneakster Member

Actually, 'hat' was a British idiom in common usage when Ron Hubbard started using it in Policy Letters at St. Hill HQ.

Michael A. Hobson
    Independent Scientologist
  28. fishypants Moderator

You are right that 'a hat' can mean a 'a role' in British English, but the usage is very different.

We (Brits) might say 'wearing two hats' to mean 'doing two jobs' or taking on two roles simultaneously, but we would never ever 'resign from a hat'. That just sounds utterly stupid.

'Hatted' meaning 'trained' or 'appointed' is also completely unknown, outside Scientology-jargon.

As usual, LRH was making up his own jargon to make his ramblings seem impressively intellectual to the feeble-minded and gullible.

The OED role-related definition of 'hat' specifically refers to the 'doing two jobs' meaning:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/hat?q=hat

Out of general interest, I did a quick Google to see if the Scientology usage really is as peculiar and unusual as I'm claiming - results:

* No-one in Google's index has ever used the phrase "resigned from any special hat"
    * or the phrase "resigned from a special hat"
    * or the phrase "resigned from a hat"
    * or the phrase "resigned from that hat"
    * or the phrase "resigned from my hat"
    * or the phrase "resigned from their hat"
    * or the phrase "resign from a hat".

so I'm feeling fairly confident in my claim that this isn't normal English (outside Scientology).

I realise that usage of this kind of ridiculous cult-jargon isn't the fault of those people who are the cult's victims, of course, but it certainly doesn't help their re-integration into normal society.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. she works so hard for his cult and beloved husband our favourite osa of the month mod edit:not sure if doxing
  30. u still drink the kool-aid, bro.