Customize

Youtube has disabled sort-by-function (to see latest upload)

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by anonimo, Feb 28, 2008.

1. anonimo Member

Youtube has disabled sort-by-function (to see latest upload)

Is something happening with my browser here or
    is it some temporary disfuncion of youtube??

Has youtube become a totalitarian cult, stripped off democracy???

See, I can search for "scientology", but they took away the bar where I selected "sort by date added etc.", so that I could see the last videos from my anon fellows. I can only press today and then I don't get them sorted by date either... it's 138 video today...
    that's hard to find the latest vid now, isn't it???

Ans strangly they also changed the standard search. I remember whenever I searched "Scientology" the first or second to come up was "YouTube is blocking nearly all anti-Scientology content" with Athen's nice ladyfriend. But's they changed something, the algorithm maybe... or maybe now they want to decide by themselves what comes up first???

This might have strong implications: I feel it's like closing our main mass communication channel... It's like they are taking away democracy away from us....

Am I exagerating?
    Maybe they've anounced it and it's just me who didn't notice?

Give me your opinion, please tell me it's a bad dream... :confused:

anonimo

PS: In the picture[/url:1xwms380] you see, where the "sort by" field should be.
  2. CyberChrist Member

Re: URGENT: youtube has disabled sort-by-function (to see latest

They changed the layout of the page. Lots of YouTubers are pissed. Whateveh, it's not like we pay for the crap
  3. AnonymousYKF Member

IMO is just seems like they screwed up the search. Everything is messed.
  4. anonimo Member

It's true, we don't pay for it. But up to now it was like some anon posts a new video and all the "community" of anons can see it directly. You could speak to all the anons and the public at the same time. AND anons could answer to it by voting it up immediately. THIS isn't working any more. It's all fucked up. This is serious shit.

You think we can get the big anonymous videos out to people now?

Will they only be found if the viewers searches for the exact title???

(Crappy) Solution: http://video.google.de/videosearch?q=sc ... =1&num=100
    Gives you the last 100 youtube videos sorted by date searched through google video.

Still it might cut us off a little more from the youtube public...

anonimo
  5. Re: URGENT: youtube has disabled sort-by-function (to see latest

I reckon the best thing we can do, is to write polite requests asking that they reincorporate the feature.
    It may be a "free" service, but it relies on the consent and approval of it's users, namely us. If enough of us write in using our fake "real names", there's a good chance that they may re-introduce the function. I'd be really surprised if they've made such a wholesale change just to affect Anon videos.
  6. an()n Member

We just need a dedicated dispersal team for vids. Gather a list of hosting sites and post it up on all of them with different accounts and varying tags. Remember, we are the internet.
  7. fluffbomb Member

OK I'm fed up with this youtube bullshit.

Can we not just divert clicks away from them and to a more deserving website?

At my last look there were 6666 members here, all of us view the videos posted on these forums and the majority are going straight to youtube, if we find another location (one that doesn't pander to the cult) that's a good number of people no longer needing to use them to get information.

Info can still be put on youtube to reach a larger audience not on here already, but I think we just need to get into the habit of using and promoting another site other than youtube.
  8. TheSwordsman Member

agreed. We should find another video site other than Youtube. In fact, we should put the videos on all of them.
  9. cananonymous Member

Not this.

But this. And it's already happening, or should be.
  10. Re: URGENT: youtube has disabled sort-by-function (to see latest

That makes sense. Disperse for our own use. The best stuff aimed at a wider public we stick on youtube; if anything it may work in our favour, as there'll be less of the "so so" Anonymous vids on there, so it'll be easier for MOP to find the gold.
  11. anonimo Member

I think this is a good idea. If we make new thread asking all anons to do so, we can get a few thousand requests sent. Putting something that looks like real accounts, it will make them wonder if they might not reconsider modifying the search.

I just found the web page where you can leave a complaint:
    http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/request.py
    (it's on the right -> report a bug -> Other site issues or features; they request your email address and youtube user name)

It's also true that we should also put our videos on other servers. Maybe some task force can get in charge of putting all the videos that get loads of views to other servers... but then again,that sounds complicated. In any case we HAVE TO SPREAD the information that the "sort by date"-function is accesible through google video.

I guess, first of all, we should write in our kind complaints/requests. Shall we open a new thread to request all anons in the forum to do requests as well? Or maybe we'll wait a a few hours or a day?!

anonimo

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/request.py
  12. DarthXenu Member

U can certainly get to see all the videos uploaded today clicking the "uploaded today" link. Are we over reacting?
  13. Anon3Mouse Member

Fucking THIS.
  14. Anonypeg Member

The "sort by date added" was much superior because it actually sorts videos from the date they were added, including yesterday's videos and the day before. Although the "uploaded today" is a pseudo-way to do it, it really sucks.

I myself have been using that feature to keep track of stifling videos that can discredit anonymous (as well as new footage of raids). I agree that we should collectively complain about this.
  15. anon87 Member

Some of you guys didn't get the memo. YOUTUBE HAS BEEN DEAD FOR AGES!!!!! It's pure corporate greed and fail these days. Stage6 (great quality, download button, big screen -uber win), etc, etc are the new cool kids, youtube was good while it lasted but meh its gone.
  16. lthrrnsrpt Member

Didn't Stage6 close yesterday?
  17. CyberChrist Member

Stage6 is outta business. Try again

http://www.stage6.com/
  18. Re: URGENT: youtube has disabled sort-by-function (to see latest

Use the RSS feeds? I've got my Google Reader set up for anything tagged with Scientology and Anonymous on YouTube, Digg, flickr and delicious. And with Google Reader it'll basically store everything that's posted through that feed, so you can catch up on yesterday's videos just as easily as BREAKING NEWS.

Here's the feeds, although I'm thinking of incorporating them into "portal" for Anonymous news (hope to have a beta up over the weekend).

http://feeds.delicious.com/rss/tag/anon ... cientology
    http://www.youtube.com/rss/tag/anonymou ... tology.rss
    http://www.digg.com/rss_search?search=a ... ection=all
    http://api.flickr.com/services/feeds/ph ... ,anonymous
  19. TakeAnonMe Member

It's tough to argue that youtube.com removing the "sort by date added" option is actually Breaking News. :|
  20. AB Member

Re: Youtube has disabled sort-by-function (to see latest upload)

veoh?
  21. DarthXenu Member

The "sort by date added" was much superior because it actually sorts videos from the date they were added, including yesterday's videos and the day before. Although the "uploaded today" is a pseudo-way to do it, it really sucks.

I myself have been using that feature to keep track of stifling videos that can discredit anonymous (as well as new footage of raids). I agree that we should collectively complain about this.
    [/quote:1p4diid6]

I think we can approach this issue thinking about how well does it or does it not serve our cause.

If it is a matter of keeping track of the latest videos on you tube, it is not a problem at all for us. We can just use google video's search engine to keep track on them.

On the other, if we think about non-anonymous people, there might be actually some advantages. People searching for "today's" videos about scientology or anonymous will get "today's videos" sorted by relevance. That means most likely they will not get to see videos with poor ratings or small view counts. And video that do not allow comments would have less chances of being on the top hits. A video like Ruthie's "I Love Scientology" would get much less exposure in such context. If videos like that get hyped by the Co$, we will notice them and bury the right away. As far as anonymous videos are concerned, we can announce them here and on irc channels and have our comrades rate them, favorite em, comment em.

I'm not defending nor attacking YouTUbe. I Think YouTube is just a tool, and as far as it is useful for us I think we should run with it.

On the other hand, I would be really great if we upload or videos and some other sites as well, like Veoh or GoogleVideo or whatever comes to mind.
  22. Re: Youtube has disabled sort-by-function (to see latest upload)

Vimeo...I luuuuuuuuurve Vimeo. To be fair, it's probably not the best site for our purposes, but other than that it's the mutt's nuts.
  23. Selleck Member

24. waianon Member

Yes. I don't think this has anything to do with us or the Co$.
  25. AB Member

um... is it just me or... is it there now?
  26. Anonypeg Member

Awesome, it's there now (under a new guise). Thanks for the heads up.
  27. anonimo Member

The thing is: The "sort by added last" function was a great tool for keeping up with the recent videos. Either for seeing the trolls quickly or for getting the newest videos of fellow anons.

I want to ask you guys: Wouldn't if be good to create a thread informing all the users of enturbulation.org that they can use the google video search still (best if bookmarked). I think a lot might not know and we should permit youtube to make us lose momentum... it sure would render me less motivated not beeing able to spot anons newest vids. Also we should put this info on youfoundthecard.com etc, because all new anons should know how to get the video news of the community...

So, what you think????

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=s ... o=1&num=50

anonimo
  28. Me Member

Why not make the link your signature, e.g.
    Latest Anonymous vids: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly[/url:2dd3o53j]

Ppl will then bookmark it if it hadn't crossed their mind previously.
  29. Re: Youtube has disabled sort-by-function (to see latest upload)

Or you can use the RSS feeds I posted above to get exactly the same effect, without having to F5 constantly :v
  30. anonimo Member

Actually I believe the sort-by-option has come back in the form of something like "sort by date" an an alternative to "sort by relevance". I think this is acceptable, but still I think it's shame that you can't use "sort by rating" and "number of comment" anymore which I believe were the other options before. They could be combined nicely with "today", "this week" etc.

anonimo