Customize

YouTube Puts Sci Propaganda Piece as Front Page Promoted Video!!!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Danilov, May 6, 2008.

1. Anonvox Member

Re: YouTube Puts Sci Propaganda Piece as Front Page Promoted Video!!!

Edit: Never mind

tl;dr not doing this, but godspeed flaggers. For the lulz
  2. nala.smithee Member

3. AnonymousNow Member

YouTube has clearly been accepting money to promote an apocalyptic outer-space cult which seeks to dominate the world and relentlessly crush all resistance. I seriously doubt that satire would be of any use whatsoever in this context.
  4. DontMindMe Member

But enough about Google.
  5. Danilov Member

^Lol!
  6. Re: YouTube Puts Sci Propaganda Piece as Front Page Promoted Video!!!

Yeah...if I was having doubts whether YT's becoming a scilon sockpuppet a few weeks ago, I'm now absolutely convinced that YT's sucking up to Co$.
  7. Optimisticate Member

Statistics & Data
    Video Responses (0)
    Text Comments (0)
    Adding comments has been disabled for this video.
    Added: April 03, 2008 Views: 97,753 Ratings: 0
    Responses: 0 Comments: 0 Favorited: 110 times
    Honors for this video (0)
    (There are no honors for this video.)
    Sites linking to this video (0)
    (There are no sites linking to this video.)
  8. Anon_1HG Member

Flagged as SPAM
  9. i'mglib Member

Screwtube = Scientology.

They are one.
  10. Scythe Member

I agree. We are for freedom of speech. Satire and humor is our best weapon against the seriousness of the cos. Mass flagging and whining wont help unlike lulz through video like this one.
  11. Re: YouTube Puts Sci Propaganda Piece as Front Page Promoted Video!!!

I feel all gross after watching it! I need a shower, please pass the Anti-idiot soap.
  12. DeadFace Member

It's basically a paid advert... flagging is pointless and makes everyone who does look like whiny little retard man-bitches. It's hyppocritical (sp) to do what they do, ESPECIALLY when ain't nothin' gonna happen.

On another note, stop flogging dead horses...
  13. Re: YouTube Puts Sci Propaganda Piece as Front Page Promoted Video!!!

Comments and ratings disabled = GIANT PUSSIES WHO CAN'T HANDLE FEEDBACK.

Is there another organization on earth that censors information more than the Corporation of Scientology?
  14. Re: YouTube Puts Sci Propaganda Piece as Front Page Promoted Video!!!

I have no video or video editing skills whatsoever, but it would be AWESOME if someone parodied this video by bringing to light Scientology's negative stuff (disconnection, fair game, introspection rundown, the sea org... etc etc etc) through interviews that sounded as positive as the ones in those videos.

"Being a Scientologist means helping people. For instance, if there's a natural disaster, I'm there to help. Unless my father is one of the victims, then I cannot help because my church told me to disconnect from him."

After all, David "The Gremlin" Misscabbage has NO sense of humor, so this would really piss in his Cheerios!
  15. Re: YouTube Puts Sci Propaganda Piece as Front Page Promoted Video!!!

Leave 'em be. The videos are plain propaganda which only serves to annoy the heck out of regular Youtube users. If one of the sites you visited regularly was suddenly flooded with advertisements for Christianity or Islam, let alone a faux religion, would you suddenly consider joining?
  16. WileyCoyote Member

I dunno. Making a parody rarely hurts Anon.

Enturbulator, maybe mention your idea in one of the Think Tank areas. Someone might take you up on it.

Sounds like a bit of work though. The easiest ideas to implement seem to be the ones that use existing footage with title cards and subtitles slapped over it.
  17. Anon Hill Member

Question: Where are the same "informative video's" by say the Baptists? Methodists? Catholics? How about the Jewish or Hindu? Odd....

Oh don't forget now, they are just promoting their "church" -funny how they are going to be the only one to ever sponsor a NASCAR team.

I don't know about anyone else but preferred treatment of ANY religion by a site should be illegal.

:flame::flame:
  18. Re: YouTube Puts Sci Propaganda Piece as Front Page Promoted Video!!!

This video isn't what I had in mind, but it's still pretty hilarious.

Being a Scientologist
  19. Weapon Member

win... Yes the whole parody thing is what anonymous isw about... fighting serious business with lulz.... it makes us seem more friendly and less scary, which gets us support... plus ppl cant attack randonm guys who disagree with what we're doing...
  20. Danilov Member

Woah, what? Are you fucking kidding me? Who the fuck are they trying to recruit? Poor rednecks?
  21. Anon Hill Member

22. Re: YouTube Puts Sci Propaganda Piece as Front Page Promoted Video!!!

Actually, I'd like to see the jokes that would produce. (assuming that all they get of these men is their attention)

Are you infested with the ghosts of an alien civilization?
    Can you buy immortality?
    Do you believe L Ron Hubbard taught the secrets of the universe?

Here's your sign.

Except, they'd actually be funny
  23. storge Member

i guess relyt is probably right, but a big part of me says yt should be fucking censored for these heinious acts. relyt is probably right because as we know now (right?) wbm was censored from yt under contract from scientology. we know this now, right? so it wasn't simply an operation by the osa to flag mark bunker for religious hatred, money changed hands and yt made profits. still, a part of me wants to make an official request to pakistan for blackup. does anyone have the skype name for the pakistani censorship office?
  24. HailXenu79 Member

That's actually an awesome idea! I can't help with the video side, but I can definitely help with the writing!

Yep, apparently, most Scilons have no sense of humor. Pretty sad, if you think about it.

EDIT: I F5'd the front page like 20 times, and that video never came up. This video came up abour 10 times, though:

YouTube - The Onion: Report - 70 Percent Of All Praise Sarcastic
  25. Anonylondon Member

26. andy-nonymous Member

That's a typo. See, it should read "No, Slavery!"

</lionelhutz>
  27. AnonMouse2008 Member

Guys, stop flagging it. You are basicly cencoring, making you just as bad as them.
  28. SASAnon Member

flagged...get that shit off the internet.
  29. Silent Member

Flagging this vid is gay, let them spend their money this way, I fucking love every minute of it. Besides, without personal, insitent indoctrination upfront and personal, every single semi-rational being us not even going to be bothered watching any of these vids half thru.

I think we are underestimating the wit of our fellow man.

Also, their videos do not break any of their rules, rules which they as a company are free to break in any way they see fit. In this case, they get paid, and you know what Johnny? Companies will do things for money, thats how they work. Youtube is only free because someone else is paying for the service, right now, cult money is turning into google money, which I think is just fine and dandy.
  30. King Nerd Member

Typically a post like this one belongs in the Thunderdome. However, I think it'll be fine considering the topic.

FUCK YOUTUBE!!!

They sold out to a cult.
  31. Heyanonnyno Member

.... Woah woah WAIT. Don't the Marcabians race cars? Isn't that in the doctrine of Scientology?

A Scientologist racing a car is like a Muslim woman bellydancing in a thong!!
  32. Silent Member

It's actually more likely than you would think...
  33. Anonymous 2.0 Member

OH NOES! 9/11 WAS A NATURAL DISASTER!
  34. Re: YouTube Puts Sci Propaganda Piece as Front Page Promoted Video!!!

in b4 tinfoil hat.
  35. Dubber Member

I'm sick of this rogue flagging nonsense. Flag a video if it ACTUALLY FITS THE FLAG CRITERIA. Otherwise you're just pissing off YouTube and driving them further from us over to Scientology. (Oh, and it's also driving Scientology's view counts through the frigging roof.)

If you really want to pwn Scientology's videos, make some awesome critical videos and upload them with a Scientology video's title, description, and keywords.
  36. DontMindMe Member

Okay, can we agree now that they're a business? I mean, can you imagine the Catholic Church sponsoring a NASCAR driver? (Popemobile joke goes here.)
  37. Danilov Member

Lol... what's next? Scientology Cereal?

Look! Crunchy flakes with marshmallow thetans!

And best of all each box comes with a billion year contract!
  38. anon4eva Member

SO when they crash, Tom or other scientolgists are the ONLY ones that can really help..They are the authorities....on NASCAR? O Hai Jeff Gordon, wanna give us some ca$h so you can RACE UP THE BRIDGE TO TOTAL FREEDOM?
    (marshmallow thetans=LMFAO!)
  39. avatar2008 Member

They'd probably try and buy out Nascar so they can always win
  40. Panini Member

HELP ME TOM CRUISE! TOM CRUISE USE YOUR WITCHCRAFT TO GET THE FIRE OFF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! talladega-ricky-bobby.jpg