Customize

Youtube removing video's 24 hours before I see the police.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by stuwyatt, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Re: Youtube removing video's 24 hours before I see the police.

Nah uh. That poster speaks truth. Up to a point.

The thing to remember is that the Co$ has no need to infiltrate Youtube. It spends a hell of a lot of money advertising on it. Probably millions.

So it would be naive to assume that this doesn't buy them some influence. At the very least, they'll have a direct line through to executives so they can speak to them directly.

This isn't tinfoil-hattery, it's just how it works. In my dayjob, when I buy advertising in magazines, I expect to get some editorial coverage of advertised products too. It's just how it works.

So - petitions directly to youtube won't really make any kind of difference. The only way to fight them on that ground is to convince them that it's extremely bad PR to keep accepting their advertising. But they'll have to make their own minds up about that really.
  2. Anon-ymous Member

Re: Youtube removing video's 24 hours before I see the police.

The ads are through google, they don't directly give money to failtube admins.
    Yes, google owns youtube, etc, BUT that does not mean buying ads on adsense allows you to influence google staff, especially when there are some companies who spend a lot more on google ads.
  3. anonymous1312 Member

There are a number of free to download video downloaders that work with YouTube videos.
  4. ravenanon Member

I agree with the others get this up on vimeo and etc..
  5. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Good luck to Stu! Show them scilons who's the boss!
  6. Lorelei Member

Stu--talk to Gawker and GlossLip about hosting? Gawker laughs at legal threats, and GlossLip is a very good friend of Anonymous.
  7. anonymous1312 Member

Stu asked me to let you guys know he's had his meeting with police as per, nothing much to report as yet. May be off enturb for a day or so R&R, will definately be back though (like you can keep him away). Watch this space.
  8. momISanon Member

Hope you're OK, Stu. Get some rest and have a good weekend!

Bless!

MIA
  9. ScudMuffin Member

Hope your getting some much needed rest stu.
  10. stuwyatt Member

Hi guys....

I had a great 2 days of R&R... I feel pretty ill at the moment, so having someone cook etc for 2 days was lovely (thank you parents!).

The archive on http://youtube.com/plymouthscientology1 is complete. I have no access to that account, and only know the account holder through IRC. The video's were downloaded prior their removal from my channel on youtube.

I will be querying why they got removed, but it could be due to some of the comments left by people on there. I will try to find out... If need be, I will create a new video (with subtitles etc)... and monitor comments a lot more (removing abusive/harassing ones directed at the Scientologists)
  11. Quaoar Member

Stu, you should send a message to youtube that youtube must retain all videos that you posted because they can potentially be used as evidence in a criminal prosecution. That is not to say that youtube must make the videos available to the public.

Frankly, I think you should have the advice of a (American searches for the correct word...) good solicitor, you know, an attorney that can give you legal advice of the correct legal path.

Q
  12. Vir Member

I don't think the comments have anything to do with it. I think it's the fact that at least some of them show violence against you. YouTube understandably doesn't want videos of people beating up other people and posting them as bragging material (like the Chechens who assaulted people in Norway and posted a video of it), but that shouldn't stop people from posting videos about themselves getting attacked.

Also, read this:
    FOXNews.com - YouTube Restores Account of Award-Winning Egyptian Blogger - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

I think you have a "precedent" here to get your videos back.
  13. WDF WDF Member

It is worth it to note that they broke their own terms and conditions for the paycheck that $cientology gave them by banning $cientology's sockpuppet account used to expose our members then giving them their own channel while they would not give XENUTV a second thought. The only reason XENUTV is around is because he disputed viacom's lawsuit himself. Jewtube is not your friend gais.
  14. Asian-anon Member

Faggots, You can't be freedom fighters without some persecution! Treat every setback as yet another challenge you must overcome. Then overcome it.

Keep up the good fight Stu! You are made of win and awesome.
  15. stuwyatt Member

Oooh....

For some reason, the "Vicky Boyce is a Liar and a Thief!" vid has been removed from my channel - this is after nearly 30,000 views....

Ah well.

A friend has it archived on the mirror site YouTube - PlymouthScientology1's Channel

YouTube - THIEF WATCH: Vicky Boyce - Head of Plymouth Scientology

Please feel free to save/backup/archive/mirror any of my videos. When will the cult realise that once a video is released on the internet, it cannot be taken down?

*sigh*
  16. LRonAnon Member

Vicky Boyce, a thief and a liar
  17. Re: Youtube removing video's 24 hours before I see the police.

ermmmmmmmmmmm I think a video has gone from you back up site stu?

as should the not be 56 videos now? yet theres only 55
  18. Re: Youtube removing video's 24 hours before I see the police.

yea there is DEFO I video missing on the backup channel
  19. stuwyatt Member

Yup - the Vicky Boyce stare vid... :(

This is getting silly now.

[writes another angry email to youtube]
  20. Outside-in Member

Did youtube tell you why they were pulled? Didn't see the reason in your posts buy my sped reding is por.
  21. stuwyatt Member

Youtube has not emailed me at all about any of the vids being removed. However, the my_videos screen says "Rejected: Inappropriate Content" for the ones that have been removed.
  22. Outside-in Member

Har The scilons mistreating you must cause someone a lot of discomfort.

I thought for a second the scilons were going to claim copyright to (Vickie's a thief). :lol:
  23. Re: Youtube removing video's 24 hours before I see the police.

thats totally fucked up, youtube should of sent you notice before taking videos down
  24. genome Member

vimeo and veoh as backup? (veoh browser plugin lets you d/l youtube vids in 2 clicks :) )
  25. Amnon Nhymous Member