Customize

Youtube scientologist & DMCA fraud?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by ocelot, May 27, 2008.

1. ocelot Member

Youtube scientologist & DMCA fraud?

The youtube scientologist "Darth Trayal" YouTube - DarthTrayal's Channel was somehow able to get a video I made pointing out errors in his videos taken down with a fake DMCA/copyright claim.

I had a mere second or two of his video in mine which falls under fair use right? Can I report him for making fake copyright claims?
  2. leroyjenkins Member

Re: Youtube scientologist & DMCA fraud?

Flag his shit down. We are in a war we know, there is no rules in war
  3. shadowchaser Member

IANAL but "fair use" is a defence in court against copyright claims. you can make a dmca counter notice, but it does mean namfagging yourself.

What are the counter-notice and put-back procedure...? -- Chilling Effects Clearinghouse

looks like a fairly important part of it

4. ocelot Member

Did he have to provide his name and details in order to file a copyright complaint?
    This is hilarious, I had expected him to overreact to my exceptionally crappy video, however violating laws to simply quash criticism and suppress free-speech is rather amusing.
  5. shadowchaser Member

yes.

FAQ about DMCA Safe Harbor Provisions -- Chilling Effects Clearinghouse

for the lazy among you
    Though I am unsure whether you are allowed to get copies of the notice, it doesn't say. You'd have to check with someone properly versed in the DMCA stuff.
  6. ocelot Member

Also the time frame in which he was able to remove my video was extremely interesting, I estimate around 30 - 60 minutes of him being online on youtube to the video being removed.
  7. Zigma Member

The video of Mike Rinder getting interviewed about lisa's death has been taken down due to "terms of service violation"

Yeah right god damn osa
  8. Re: Youtube scientologist & DMCA fraud?

What TOS does an interview violate?
  9. UNP Member

YouTube: Helping audit your thetans since 1994.

Srsly. They're Co$'s allies now, that much is obvious. Too bad boycotting them won't make much difference - there's still going to be a metric fuckton of people using them.