Customize

Youtube voice scrambler/voice obfuscation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anonxa, Apr 21, 2008.

1. anonxa Member

Youtube voice scrambler/voice obfuscation

I need to know if there's easy/free/cheap software out there for voice obfuscation/scrambler/etc that will eliminate the ability of the listener to match the voice to you.
    I know some anons have been using this in different places. Any help is appreciated. M$ narrator has choked too many times.
  2. BahamutXone Member

Re: Youtube voice scrambler/voice obfuscation

The thing about voice modulators is that, if I am not mistaken, any competent audio tech can work an equalizer to get your original voice. Computer-generated voice is really the only way to go for true anonymity. You may want to spend some time with a thesaurus if your existing speech generators are struggling.
  3. FelixF'anon Member

If you really want to go down the modulation road what you need to find is some kind of vocoder software. That way your original voice will never actually make it into the final waveform, it'll just be driving the phonemes of the second "voice". (did that make any sense?)
  4. anyjane Member

If you're not munging recorded audio, AT&T Text to Voice (free) works but has limitations (character limit and collision). But that can be helped with a resample/repitch/stretch to timeline. "Claire" is a decent female voice/"Mike" a decent male voice for clarity.

Recorded (live) should be filtered though a vocoder like mentioned above.
  5. ANonScilon Member

I've managed to find the voice synthesizer that was used to make the original "Message to Scientology" video. It's only a trial version, but you can go into Audacity and edit out the reminders to register that it inserts into your recording. Works nicely.

Google Cepstral David.
  6. Anonymous J1b Member

What's Audacity? (n00b question)
  7. twelve Member

A freeware sound-file editor, more or less.
  8. NonNamedAnon Member

You can use FL Studio's vocoder.

It's works quite nicely.
  9. normalbob1492 Member

TTS Reader has seven or eight computerized voices. You put the text in and hit play. Then you can save the wav or mp3 file for use in videos or whatever you want. Of the ones I have checked out it has the best options for being FREE! Check SpheNet - Home for download links.