Customize

YT Ask the Prime Minister... about Scientology!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by anonymoose, May 19, 2008.

1. anonymoose Member

YT Ask the Prime Minister... about Scientology!

Did search, couldn't find it.

YouTube - DowningSt's Channel

"Here's your chance to ask the Prime Minister whatever is on your mind. Submit your questions now and come back soon to vote on your favourites. Gordon will answer the top-voted questions right here on YouTube at the end of June.

Please keep your questions to around 30 seconds long, and no party political content."

Entries close June 21st
  2. anonymoose Member

Re: YT Ask the Prime Minister

Ummm....not sure why this is off-topic. The idea being to ask the Prime Minister about the CoS and then get everyone to vote for that question....?
  3. eksef Member

Re: YT Ask the Prime Minister

Not off topic? This could be really useful, serious questions about the church's behavior with proof. Ask why it lied on CNN even though you have the documents in your hand (wave them around).
  4. Randomness Member

Re: YT Ask the Prime Minister... about Scientology!

Think tank'd.

NEED MEDIA ANONS TO GET TO WORK ON A GOOD VID
  5. Anon-101 Member

Definitely! The disadvantage we have is that they probably won't answer questions from masked people with disguised voices. Remember this is just as much a PR campaign for the Gov't as it is an opportunity for us: they're going to want to show the PM answering questions from "ordinary people" who people watching can identify with. Basically, a question about the NHS from Steve Bloggs from Northampton beats a question about Scientology from a sinister masked man who withholds their name.

So maybe a job for the already-namefagged? If a good question gets put together and we get everyone to vote on it I think we're in with a chance.
  6. D... Member

Thinktank?

We need harpoons.
  7. anonymoose Member

Absolutely.

If you are:

- British
    - namefagged
    - capable of making a 30 second youtube vid with a nice question in it for Gordy
    - not a gibbering idiot/scary looking beast

YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU!
  8. Azraelonymous Member

Awesome idea.

It only needs one decent video, and then just get EVERYONE to vote for it.
    So if every anon with a youtube account 5stars the question, it'll get in.

Oh, and
    Doesn't matter where the video comes from, as long as we make it popular.
  9. eksef Member

Mask = scary = won't go

Wear glasses and a fake mustache? Anything normal that will be shown. This is the time to use strategy.
  10. anonymoose Member

Just had an idea- what about Bonnie Woods? Does anyone know her? Do you think she'd be up for it?
  11. themadhair Member

Beat me to it with that one. I think she is involved with Escape.

Also - Dr. Martin Poulter posts here and has a YouTube account.
  12. swAdam Member

Ask the Prime Minister a Question

YouTube - DowningSt's Channel

We have a massive opportunity here. They can't ignore us if we send thousands of videos asking bout scientology can they?

This is a chance to get the head of the 5th most powerful country on earth involved. Let's not waste it.
  13. Re: Ask the Prime Minister a Question

[IMG]
  14. anonymoose Member

Re: Ask the Prime Minister a Question

I was trying to get hold of Bonnie Woods, thought she might be a good person to do this- anybody in contact with her?
  15. t0yo Member

Man the harpoons!
    Time to spam this shiz
  16. swAdam Member

This is easily the most important thing on Enturb.org right now and Breaking News is the most active forum, it should be here.
  17. Iamrcgnzd Member

If need be, maybe get an OG person to do it?
  18. Re: YT Ask the Prime Minister... about Scientology!

Just saying, if you're going to wear a mask, don't alter your voice. The CoS don't have CSI voice recognition equipment and a voice databank. If you have a name/facefagged anon already out there speaking out, this is the job he or she NEEDS to do. For the public masks = criminals.
  19. Re: YT Ask the Prime Minister... about Scientology!

I'm happy to do this. I was thinking of something like this:

"Scientology by all accounts is a fraudulant criminal organisation currently facing charges of fraud and abuse in Belgium, is the subject of a government investigation in Germany and is being looked at with increasing hostility by other EU nations. Why is this cult allowed to openly funnel their money through overseas accounts to avoid paying tax? Why is this cult allowed to groom the City of London Police and why is it allowed to commit major human rights abuses without any investigation by the government?"

Of course it'll be a squeeze to fit it in...
  20. avatar2008 Member

Here's an idea:

Act as a concerned citizen, obviously say nothing that is possibly incriminating.
    e.g.

Recent acts by Scientology to get their asses Charged in Belgium, banned in Greece and charged with kidnapping (ala Lisa McPherson) in Italy on a Frenchwoman. And be concerned that such an Organisation is able to get the Police to side with its taking offense at being a "cult"?

The state of Freedom of Speech especially when Summons issued by the London City Police at the advice of Crown Prosecution Service(sp?) for words used in Signage in Protests.

The extent of the exposure to blue abesteos to Queen's subjects who have taken courses aboard the Freewinds.

Of course, namefagged can speak more directly.
  21. anonymoose Member

I think the Freedom of Speech angle might be a good one actually. It can be related to recent(ish) legislation and also linked to the church's suppression of free speech through fairgaming.

Any recent cases/things we can hang this on?
  22. captainslug Member

I vote for stuwyatt
  23. swAdam Member

Could get caught up in his previous cannabis stuff though.
  24. avatar2008 Member

This is one of those events where self-censorship is the last thing we need (bad grammar and vulgarity aside)
  25. Nemo_Metis Member

hows about we start listing some questions on here to be posed to His Brownship? then we get decent questions asked by the right people, we all vote for them and force their hand to answer.
  26. MongoLloyd Member

Why is this in "Breaking News" though?

There are subforums for projects and stuff you know.
  27. anonheeemous Member

we could have several different anons asking different questions all related to scientology; 1 could press the free speach angle, another hit on the tax evasion, another hit up the data protection abuses another ask about front groups.

If they see it as a popular subject with meny angles they might at least answer one of the questions.
  28. eksef Member

A hot chick asking the question would massively increase our chances.
  29. Re: YT Ask the Prime Minister... about Scientology!

I will do the video masked, but with my own voice. Freedom of speech might not be the best route, they will just fob it off and say (correctly) its a police/CPS matter
  30. Re: YT Ask the Prime Minister... about Scientology!

I will five star said video if a link is provided

I sense winnage potential
  31. anonymoose Member

This thread was originally posted (by me) in the Current Projects forum, moved (by mods) to Off Topic, from there to Think Tank (mods again). It garnered very few comments. Someone posted a duplicate thread in Breaking News and it was merged (by mods) with the original and left here, where it is (finally...) getting some response.

The sad truth is that shit needs to be in Breaking News to get a proper response.

OK?

PS no problem with mod decisions, just irritated at pointless carping.
  32. felinonymous Member

My $0.02

I'm with Captain Slug here. Get Stu on this. He's perfect for it.
  33. ScudMuffin Member

Stu would be a great candidate (his vid archive is huge), personally though I reckon BikerChick as she's mentioned as being ex-staff in the PlymVids.
  34. A.Non Hubbard Member

I certainly hope the PM doesn't say the word "cult". His security detail would be forced to take him into custody.
  35. An0nYm0use Member

i vote stu also.

he is articluate, think tank and stu write the script
  36. swAdam Member

i love stu but hes already had experience with number 10 which could cloud their judgement on the candidates.

i think we should get kat (bikerchick) to do it. shes a pretty one too so plenty of votes!
  37. anonymoose Member

I asked Stu and he said no.

Anonyunderpants has offered. We need to decide on a question.
  38. stuwyatt Member

Hey :) Sorry guys, but Im not the man for this job. I spent months bombarding Gordon's fax machine... I used to phone up Whitehall and get through the drone firewall, and get put through to the Downing St switchboard each time... I have spoken to most of his personal staff, and the ladies in DCU knew my by voice....

... and the fucker still refused to speak to me.

I have no time for the lying selfish soulless fat unempathic slob.

Sorry guys.
  39. anonymoose Member

What did I do to offend you? ;)

No worries, Anonyunderpants has stepped up. If you have any bright ideas for a vaguely topical question though...? (I'm being faggy and not coming up with one myself, I know. I can't think of one).
  40. anonymoose Member

OK, given all the media coverage of ENG I think we have a hook to hang this on.

Anonyunderpants! Where are you?