Customize

YTMND down on list. Scilon sites above. Googlebomb, guise~!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by David Miscarriage, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonZombie Member

Re: YTMND down on list. Scilon sites above. Googlebomb, guise~!

Stupid question. Will linking to Scientology and stuff about our fight against Scientology work if it's under a filter? Like if I link to Scientology on LJ behind a friends filter, will it still work? I mean, Scientology is some evil shit, so I want to do this right. I really don't know what else to say about Scientology. I mean, Tom Cruise is sexy, but Scientology is pretty scary. Something needs to be done about Scientology. I'd rather have the mafia after me than Scientology. What's all this about Anonymous vs. Scientology? I thought about joining Scientology once. Have I talked about Scientology enough now?

Question in the beginning is real, though.

Also, the Church of Scientology fails at the internet.
  2. lucifuge Member

What do you mean by a filter? Like if you have Live Journal set to Friends only or some shit?

General rule of thumb is, if a random person on the internet can't view that page, then neither can search engines. And if search engines can't view that page, they don't know whats on it to use it in their algorithms. Theres also things like robots.txt, and meta tags to tell a search engine not to index or look at a page even if they can see it.
  3. GuyFux Member

4. wazted Member

Basically. its like the built in swear filter (and you could even use the swear filter to do it) but instead of it changing "swear word" to "clean word", simply make it change "Scientology" to "Scientology"

You could even put color code in them tags so the word Scientology wouldn't stand out so much in the text
  5. inanissum Member

6. GuyFux Member

7. Eff Member

^^^ THIS
  8. Anon65 Member

We need links on other websites that enturb. If we make lots of links here google will just think it's a linkfarm and ignore it.
  9. AnonX Member

It's not clicking on it that does the trick, it's making posts with the word Scientology linking to the unfunny truth about Scientology site, like this:

Scientology

So basically every time you say Scientology here or in any other forum, make sure that Scientology links to the unfunny truth site. As far as I know, clicking on Scientology only brings the views of that site up, and doesn't bring the site any higher up on the google results of Scientology. So just make sure that you always link Scientology when you post, and pretty soon Scientology will move up on the list. The more times you link Scientology like this, the faster it will move up in rank.

Hey, Scientology just moved up one spot, it's already working! When you googled Scientology, the unfunny truth about Scientology came second to last on the Scientology results, but now it is third to last! Scientology is a bag of fail. The corporation of Scientology wastes it's efforts to try to wipe the unfunny truth about Scientology off the front page of the results of Scientology, but it looks like Scientology is being owned by a few people who are against Scientology in a forum. Don't mess with the internet, Scientology!

^^what he said
  10. Re: YTMND down on list. Scilon sites above. Googlebomb, guise~!

Locking, please read the posts by WickedMetalHead if you don't see why.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.